Agile: Disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Agile: Disappointing

I have an AL2500 Goldtop and I love it! After a good set-up, it was just right for me. For the money you can't go wrong. I may be ordering the Chrome AL2500 next week. I lvoe the look of it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Up where I am...I have Robbies Music City (killer store) in Wayne

[/ QUOTE ]
      I live like 10 mins from there and that store is definitely not killer.

Comment

I bought one of the SX GG2s at the same time a friend ordered an Agile Ghost (one of the original Explorer shaped ones).

Mine arrived, and had the following issues:

-crappy tuners- I replaced them with some Schallers I had laying around.

-poor quality abalone inlay- The 12th fret inlay is abalone, unlike the rest of the frets which are M.O.P. The abalone is porous and looks kinda shitty.

-stupid strap button location- The guitar nosedived horribly. I moved it, and it balances perfectly.

-Iffy pickups- Not horrible, but not great either. I threw in a set of Mighty Mite Motherbuckers.

-Fretwork could be better- I did a level and polish, and the action is now super low with no buzz.

Other than the issues mentioned above, the guitar is great, and sounds and plays awesome now, certainly better than any guitar costing $159 has a right to. I couldn't be happier with it. The paint is flawless.

My friend likes his Ghost too, but it has other issues. The pickups in it were also kinda mediocre. There are some quite visible paint flaws. One of them where the fret board meets the body, that has been touched up very badly. This guitar should have been sold as a blemish or second. The other noticable area is the line between the white on the side of the headstock, and the black on the front of the headstock. My 5 year old could have made a straighter line. It looks very sloppy. His guitar also needs a fret level badly. It is way worse than mine was. Apart from that, it's a decent guitar, and for $200, a downright steal.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have a bad deal there or something?
          They do carry the most Jackson imports I've ever seen in one place (even more than GC has at any given time). The store itself is a delapidated mess, but the selection is great! I just bought my Ibanez Destroyer there, and they gave me a great deal with a new Gator case!
          Richies is better, cleaner, friendlier....but not as many Jacksons (there were 2 last time I was there) They did, however have a nice used Charvel Model A that I was lusting after, but was short on cash.

Joe...I forgot how close you were to the Parkway dude!...LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL Yeah, I'm like central to everything. If I make a left out of my development and go towards South Amboy, I've got Rts. 35, 9, 287, the Parkway, Turnpike. If I make a right and cut through South River, I hit Rts. 1 and 18. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sniff....sniff....I remember being centralized like you are Joe.
              Dammit!!...It sucks being stuck up here in bumblefuck Sussex county. All we have up here is Rt. 80 (which takes you farther into "Deliverance" either direction, and 46!

I was 10 minutes from the Parkway, 287, 35, 9, and 22 in any direction!! sniffffffffff!!!

Comment

Hehe. Sucks to be you! You're out in the boonies. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I haven't been to the Sussex County area in a long time. I was actually up Rt. 80 the other day in Hackensack for a job, though that's Hudson County. One of my cousins lives somewhere up that way, used to be in Fair Lawn, then West Milford, now I think he's in Saddle Brook.

Comment

man i didn't know there were so many nj jcfers....
                  getting back to robbies, the store is dirty/crowded as hell, the prices are horrible, and some of the guitars have been sitting there for at least 10 yrs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I was actually up Rt. 80 the other day in Hackensack for a job, though that's Hudson County.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hackensack is the seat of Bergen County, not Hudson. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] You call yourself a New Jersian??? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Dude, that's RobMe's Music City. Yesterday's gear, at tomorrow's prices. HAHAHAHA
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        I was actually up Rt. 80 the other day in Hackensack for a job, though that's Hudson County.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hackensack is the seat of Bergen County, not Hudson. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] You call yourself a New Jersian??? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Eh, Bergen, Hudson, whatever. I've been to both areas. I'm born and raised in Middlesex County. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I'm born and raised in Middlesex County.

[/ QUOTE ] Sounds like a personal problem. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Scott

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            If Kurt brings a floyd equipped guitar to the 3000 line, then I may not be able to resist the urge to buy one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just thinking how they've got all the features I want, but spread out over several guitars. The materials of the 3500 (and Duncan pickups), the Floyd trem, slim taper neck like the 3000, chambered like the 2900... They could probably offer it for something like $750, but I'd pay more than that if they got it exactly perfect.
                            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I have an Agile Fretless sn #2390 that i absoulutely love. It is one of the older models with the pointier lower bout, (more les paulish) and the more correct headstock. I think they are killer guitars. I paid 150 for mine from HuntinDoug [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my fretless to begin with. Betcha can't play an open E chord in tune [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                If Kurt brings a floyd equipped guitar to the 3000 line, then I may not be able to resist the urge to buy one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just thinking how they've got all the features I want, but spread out over several guitars. The materials of the 3500 (and Duncan pickups), the Floyd trem, slim taper neck like the 3000, chambered like the 2900... They could probably offer it for something like $750, but I'd pay more than that if they got it exactly perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments exactly.

The Floyd equipeed LP is gone from their site now... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X