Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey look what I found ...

[ QUOTE ]
    That's what I thought but isn't this a Gibby number on the HS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Confusing as the serials are...that's a US Hamer Vector dude. Hamers numbering system was similar to Gibson's also...but scan eBay for an 80's Gibson Flying V, with a pic of the serial and compare it to your number. The number press Hamer used/uses is a different size and font than Gibson's

Comment

The control cavity route definitely looks Hamer, but the headstock looks more Gibson. I thought Hamer's V headstocks were a little different, or did they change them?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Eh, Gibson, Hamer, it doesn't really matter. I was just curious which logo to throw on there when I'm done. Given the condition of this guitar when I received it I wouldn't be at all surprised if I were to learn that someone had hacked the neck off a Gibson and grafted it onto a Hamer body. That would pretty much be in keeping with the other atrocities performed on this poor victim to date. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hmmm:

Gimer
        Habson
        Giber
        Hamson
        Gibser
        Hibson
        Gamer
        Bah. I think I'll just go with this on the headstock:

The following serves absolutely no purpose in this thread but damned if it doesn't look *exactly* like the JJ I just sold. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

How about Hamgiber? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] BTW, that's a hot can you've got there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Damn, it's like a bad '80s flashback and looking at Bobby Dall's Ironbird bass again! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, it's much worse than that:

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The control cavity route definitely looks Hamer, but the headstock looks more Gibson. I thought Hamer's V headstocks were a little different, or did they change them?

[/ QUOTE ]

The original KKs had the Gibson head, but obviously once Priest got popular, Gibson had a few things to say about it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But then, his also had a top-route with a mini pickguard (and Kahler). I don't recall seeing a rear-routed one [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              Then again I'm no Hamer expert.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The original KKs had the Gibson head, but obviously once Priest got popular, Gibson had a few things to say about it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But then, his also had a top-route with a mini pickguard (and Kahler). I don't recall seeing a rear-routed one [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                Then again I'm no Hamer expert.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yeah, I'm no Hamer expert either, only owned one. Kinda makes sense about the headstock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  Damn, it's like a bad '80s flashback and looking at Bobby Dall's Ironbird bass again! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Arggghhh!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Actually, that's a Warlock. I remember him having an Ironbird which looked more of a brighter green. I think those chicks are kinda cute, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

oooh, cute chicks! Is that Vixen? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I think so. They've got me on the edge of a broken heart. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I think those chicks are kinda cute, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh, those aren't chicks Beavis. Huh, huh.

Comment

Shut up, butthole. I'll kick your ass. Heh heh.

Comment

it is a hamer.

any updates, YAO?

Comment

Looks like a Hamer to me
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Definitely a Hamer route but equally definitely a legit Gibson USA serial number & "Made in USA" stamp on the back of the headstock. No updates yet but maybe this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X