Clear All

• ESP Owns Schecter?

Hmm. Never knew that.

http://p222.ezboard.com/fespguitarsm...opicID=1.topic

Re: ESP Owns Schecter?

Didn't know that either. Interesting

Comment

I've read that before, but then I go on Schecter's website and here's what THEY have to say about it:

http://schecterguitars.com/faq.asp

Scroll down to the bottom. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seems like they don't like ESPee either.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I've read that before, but then I go on Schecter's website and here's what THEY have to say about it:

http://schecterguitars.com/faq.asp

Scroll down to the bottom. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Clearly, *someone* isn't telling the truth.

According to the Japanese ESP site:

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/company-info/esp.html

ESP owns Schecter.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, one of 'em has got to be wrong! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm guessing that Schecter's web master doesn't have a clue. Perhaps intentionally.

Comment

It could explain the similarity in some of the designs and the fact that the LTD line and the Diamond series are both built in the same Korean factory.

Comment

I read that a long time ago on Ed Roman's site.

Some of the MusicYo Kramer "US (yeah, right) Collection" are almost identical to some ESP's. Though I think that's just Gibson using the same Korean manufacturer.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

One doesn't own the other,
                  ESP, Schecter, daisy guitars, and a few other companies are all branches of one bigger company. Samsontech I believe.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Some of the MusicYo Kramer "US (yeah, right) Collection" are almost identical to some ESP's. Though I think that's just Gibson using the same Korean manufacturer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to get off topic, but ESP made a lot of the mid-80s Kramers. The "American" Kramers from that time were built by ESP and assembled in the US.

Comment

Yeah, I picked up somewhere that one of the companies had the other companies' guitars made at their factory. But as far as owning each other, I didn't know that.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I have always heard that Samick makes most guitars that come from Korea, but who knows.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I have always heard that Samick makes most guitars that come from Korea, but who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard the same thing a few times. I have heard / read that the majority of all guitars made in Korea are made at the Samick factory.

Jason

Comment

Samick and Cort/Cortek account for 90-some percent of the guitars made in South Korea. The best deal on either manufacturer's guitars would be to find something with their own logo on the headstock, not LTD or Ibanez or whatevr.
                            sigpic

Comment

The easy way to say it is ESP OWNS Schecter, but as far as daily, normal business goes they have nothing to do with each other (And it would seem that Schecter is glad of this, but would like to "get free").

Still been my main reason for not buying Schecter for the last 14 years (the deal went down in August ´90 IIRC), and will continue to be so.

Comment

Working...
                              X