ESP Owns Schecter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP Owns Schecter?

I think Jackson owns all those bitches! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The factory that makes ESP guitars, Also makes the Schecter Diamond Series guitars. But ESP does not own them. Just the same plant and workers make the 2 different guitars as well as several other guitars on the market made in Korea.
      Additionally, if ESP were to own Schecter, then they would own the rights to the American Schecter line... and they dont either [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      And these are the FACTS.

Comment

Im so confused... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        I talked to the owner of Samich awhile back and he had no clue either. (the connection was Samich at one time was making Schecters in Korea but then became self safficiant.)
        One says yes the other says no. Typical politics. Will the music world ever really know for sure?
        Gil

Comment

Samick is a totally separate company from ESP/Schecter and makes cheapo guitars in Korea for any number of guitar manufacturers, including Ibanez and Gibson. Basically, if you have the $$$, Samick will make guitars for you and put any name on the headstock you want.

I think the deal with ESP and Schecter is that the same big holding company owns both, along with a number of other musical equipment manufacturers. The same people don't run ESP in Japan or Schecter in California. And I must say, the guitars that Samick turns out for Schecter seem to be better than the ones they make for ESP. The Schecter C1 Classic is a first-rate instrument, where most of the LTDs I've played have been utter shite.

Similarly, Jackson has been owned by one holding company or another since Grover sold out in the '80s, I believe.

Comment

I play schecter and disagree with your standpoint on thier quality. They play and feel great but thier electronics are soldered by retards. I haven't picked up a schecter import that didn't have a wiring problem.
            As for your anti-LTD standpoint, play an ESP lTD MH400NT
            fucking AMAZING guitar.

Comment

I have an import Schecter and haven't had any wiring problems at all. And while most of the mid level korean ltds are decent guitars, overall it seems that Schecter's setup, fit, and finish are better than ESP's

Comment

I don't think I would agree, ESPs MH and B series are better than the schecters I have played (except for my 5 string stiletto Elite, and even that is a close call with my B305)

When i compare the elite C1 to the MH400NT, I find the results one sided.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I play schecter and disagree with your standpoint on thier quality. They play and feel great but thier electronics are soldered by retards. I haven't picked up a schecter import that didn't have a wiring problem.
                  As for your anti-LTD standpoint, play an ESP lTD MH400NT
                  fucking AMAZING guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I owned an H-307 briefly, and I've played a large number of the higher-end 1000-series LTDs, as well as the DV8, at local stores--and I've never played *a single one* that had decent tone or even a halfway decent fretjob. By contrast, every single Schecter C-1 Classic I've played has been a first-rate instrument, though I will admit that I've played some of the lower-level Korean Schecters that weren't all that good. But the LTD 1000 guitars are supposed to be of similar quality to the C-1 Classic, and they simply aren't.

By the way, I'm not totally ragging on ESP here. Their Japanese guitars are great. In fact, my main guitar right now--and the *only* 6-string I currently own--is an '80s ESP "The Mirage" Custom. And I'd love to get an urban camo Viper, if I had the bucks.

But for some reason the LTDs just don't seem very well put together. Too bad, because the 1000-series guitars are well-appointed, with EMG pickups and Original Floyd trems.

Comment

Working...
                  X