Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes R. Rhoads guitars

Hey folks,
    Does anyone remember when Fernandes was putting out a Rhoads-style "Sandoval" V guitar? What ever happened to that? (I'm assuming some sort of lawsuit) Does anyone have a picture of one?

Re: Fernandes R. Rhoads guitars

There were 2 models hey made IIRC. One was a cheaper version and the other expensive one was really dead on....I might have some pics of it...I'll have to dig.

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

They were limited editions.
      The cheaper ones,they used to build in 80's and also recently(couple years ago?) they reissued them.
      The expensive one was a exact replica based on the original.
      Fernandez stuff even went to visit Randy's Mother to check the original.
      I had some pics but I will have to look for them.

Comment

Hmm, that's interesting. Anyone know why they stopped making them? I seem to remember them having to stop production for some reason. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I think they were limited edition models so that would be my guess that Fernandez didn't want to continue building them.
          Plus I don't think the market was big enough to continue since it was only sold in Japan.
          The same goe sto Michael Schenker V model they did several times.
          They have been building several times since 80's.

Comment

I've only seen a picture of one, I assumed it was a one off. Interesting that they did whole lines of the stuff and of Michael Schenker's model. Now I'm interested in Fernandes (Schenker nerd I am).
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
            X