Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibson info, explorers in particular (Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UPDATE!

Was thinking that as well. Never been much of a Pro Am fan, though (h/s/s), and this is Europe after-all.

I've got a belgian buyer atm, he's also on the JCF, btw! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And he's gonna take good care of her come June.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Pro Am is also from a fellow JCF'er. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Re: Gibson info, explorers in particular (Pics)

Hmmm. I had a Gibson Custom Shop Explorer about 5 years ago.

I could not RECORD with it at ALL.

But it sounded Great Live, Didn't stay in tune worth a damn.

I'd say what you have is a more well rounded guitar. Whatever Explorer you get I would play it trough a amp and through a POD or something. I put a Duncan Dist. in it and it didn't make enough of a difference to keep it.

Comment

With any refin on a guitar like that, look closely for a headstock repair.

Comment

Thanks for the info, man! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I've decided not to get the Gibson (for all the obvious reasons), and my SL2 will be passed on to another JCF member. So all is well in the end! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Looks like a refin paint job if that has any bearing in this case.This era can be iffy as to quality.The resale is iffy in this era as well.Altho'some of the L.P.studios I have had 2 83s to be exact were outstanding.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X