I hate BC Rich headstocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate BC Rich headstocks!

Well, not all of them, in fact, it's just the idiotic Widow type headstocks that I don't like. The so-called Fender type from the early 80's, and the pointy ones are awesome. I also like the old type 3-a-side head. The widow, and I think there is another one that is similar, just look ridiculous.
    Like this one here
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...318986807&rd=1

I also hate to say it, because I visit Neal Moser's site quite often, but I really hate most of the headstocks that he puts on his guitars. I think they look juvenile and cliche.

There! I finally got that off my chest. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Headstocks are supposed to look like this:

or this:

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: I hate BC Rich headstocks!

Gratuitous picture of the Lado: [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Who on the JCF said the Widow headstock looked like a scrotum holder? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

someone very smart!

i'm with ya, zeegs, i hate the widow headstocks, and really, some of their body styles as well. the beast looks like it was drawn by a 14 year old boy, for example.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

This pic sums up the Spirit of the Widow Headstock IMO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Behold the Power of Cheese! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Mmmmm, velveeta.

Comment

Yeah, their heads do suck ... except for that one that was on their Assasin model for a while. It looked kinda like an Explorer head but had a bit of an angle on one side of the tip, not completly rounded like a Gibby.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I love their Firebird headstocks, both standard and reversed... my favorite! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I also pretty much like most of the 6-inline headstocks they make, as well as the 3+3 headstocks.

I hate the Widow headstock on any B.C. Rich other than the Widow. I think it suits the Widow fine. I've always loved D.D. Verni and Blackie Lawless' Widow basses, but I don't really care for the Widow guitar even though it's the same shape. It just looks better as a bass, IMO.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's a cool site with most of their guitar models and headstocks. http://www.sol.co.uk/r/ronz/guitars.htm

Comment

I think certain head stocks look better on certain models. Like the Reverse 6 Inline head looks best on a Ironbird and Beast Headstocks on Beasts and Vee's.

Never been too keen on the widow headstock though.
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

yeah, joe, that's my favorite, too. i had an old nj warlock with that headstock. i wish i still had that one.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I knew you liked them too, Sully. They rock on any of their guitars!

Comment

Some are classy and some suck, just like our very own brand (like the PC1 - can you say suk! - I can here the air!). The gunslinger is ok. Most any of the USAs guitars have cool headtsocks and the bich customs rule IMHO! As for the imports, crp begats crap I say. Look at some of the import charvel str@t rip-offs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Talk about a joke. (And I will NEVER actually own a BC Rich, although my cousin spends a good part of any month trying to convince me otherwise).
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Well, not all of them, in fact, it's just the idiotic Widow type headstocks that I don't like. The so-called Fender type from the early 80's, and the pointy ones are awesome. I also like the old type 3-a-side head. The widow, and I think there is another one that is similar, just look ridiculous.

I also hate to say it, because I visit Neal Moser's site quite often, but I really hate most of the headstocks that he puts on his guitars. I think they look juvenile and cliche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, ya can't hide from ME. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I know what ya mean though, our headstocks are fairly radical, but that's to be expected with shapes like ours. Juvenile, hmmmmm..........that would be great, I'm 61 years old, I could do some "juvenile". [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Cliché.... all I can say to that is you build what your clientele wants.
                            Actually, this is probably MY favorite headstock.

Cheers man, catch ya on the Shredder. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry I can't spend more time here guys, just not enough hours in the day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Back in the early 90's, the guitar store I worked in took delivery of a thru-neck USA Bich (Black, 1 hum and Floyd) which had a Strat headstock. Not the old BC "almost" a Strat, but a correctly-proportioned Fender shape. I wish I had taken some shots of it.
                              Last time I heard, it was hanging in a second-hand store in Plymouth (For way too much money)

Comment

Working...
                              X