HippieTim Strats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HippieTim Strats!

These are pretty cool, especially the Hippie Blue one. Love the H/S layout, too! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The Band of Gypsies reminds me of the ESP George Lynch Kamikazi.

http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=0264900550

http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=0264901550
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: HippieTim Strats!

Hmmm...I am skeptical. Those look like they're gonna be cheeseball imprinted graphics like those dorky BC Rich Art Series guitars. I'd like to see one in person.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

They are ok,I guess.I told my dealer that if it had a top mount Floyd,he would'nt be able to keep them in stock. He laughed and said that Floyds really were'nt that popular any more,people did'nt want to mess with them anymore [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]..................................
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I love the blue one! But they do have that kind of out-of-focus appearance of a graphic overlay, like Tim said
        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          They are ok,I guess.I told my dealer that if it had a top mount Floyd,he would'nt be able to keep them in stock. He laughed and said that Floyds really were'nt that popular any more,people did'nt want to mess with them anymore [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]..................................

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, if they had a Floyd, I'd definitely love one! Stupid kids today are too damn lazy to learn how to set one up. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] It's really not much harder than the typical floating Fender trem to begin with except you have to cut the ball ends of the strings.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Yeah, if they had a Floyd, I'd definitely love one! Stupid kids today are too damn lazy to learn how to set one up. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] It's really not much harder than the typical floating Fender trem to begin with except you have to cut the ball ends of the strings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's much easier to put the ball ends on the tuner side. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But yeah, it takes a while longer to set up, but I find that my Floyd equipped guitars stay in tune a lot better than any non-locking guitar I've played (tremolo or fixed). It's a lot less hassle in the long term.

Comment

I LOVE FLOYD!!!!:headbang: I LOVE FLOYD!!!!:headbang:

does that makes me a floyd lover? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

not having a floyd on those doesn't make much sense. Same deal with the Charvel re-issue with rising sun graphic that came out a couple years ago.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I bought my first Charvel model 1 at the same shop.Had them put a floyd in it,played it for years till I traded it in.I asked him if he could put a floyd in one of these Tye Dye Strats and he told me" We really don't do that anymore" WTF? I have been a customer for 20+ years,took my first guitar lesson from you when I was 6,and have spent literally thousands of dollars with you and now more or less since I might want a floyd, you don't want to mess with it?Damn,I did'nt mean for this to turn into a rant,sorry fellas. I will say this,I was not impressed with the guitar.It really could have used a setup...............
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

The Tie-Dye Strat I played was unimpressive to me - hazy, out of focus graphic, and a narrow fretboard.

Comment

Working...
                    X