Parts guitar modeled after Dean Markley ad Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts guitar modeled after Dean Markley ad Charvel

Here's my attempt at building something like the Dean Markley ad Charvel. I don't have a copy of the ad, but if you go to sandimascharvel.com and go down the left nav and select Identification->Replica, you can see slo100's GMW replica of that guitar.

Anyway, here's a before and after of mine. Body is DiMarzio, neck is supposed to be a Charvel replacement neck (heel is definitely 2 1/8").

Before

After

The changes are subtle: new (reliced) string trees, NOS strap buttons, NOS v-trem, vintage knob, fender brass input cup, black screws, zebra in bridge and rails in neck, and the logo, but I think it gives the guitar a whole new vibe. Obviously, it's not a dead-on replica (maple vs. ebony board, strat style input jack), but it's close enough for my liking. BTW, I got the NOS v-trem from fretburner. Thanks, John!

Thanks for looking!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Re: Parts guitar modeled after Dean Markley ad Charvel

Way cool George!!

I'll post that DM ad later tonight for ya bro!!

Comment

George, That's a COOL one!!! I had one like that before. Good job Buddy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

John

Comment

Comment

Is that Bobby Dall from Poison?? [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: Parts guitar modeled after Dean Markley ad Cha

[ QUOTE ]
            Is that Bobby Dall from Poison?? [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, you made me spit on my monitor. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I remember that ad and I love that guitar. It was the first strat with a burst finish that I really liked.

Comment

I totally remember that add. Funny...I always thought that guitar looked cool, but never noticed it was a Charvel. Very cool replica!

Comment

I love that guitar. I have always wanted one like it since I first saw the add. Great job on the replica.
                Someone on CC had real good pics of that guitar. Maybe if they see this they will post them here.

Comment

that charvel belonged to fusion great Bill Connors...he had 2 or 3 of them in the mid 80s, based on Holdsworth's..

Comment

HAHAHA that's to funny. It does look like him!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Looks great George!
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

Mike, that's especially interesting that the Dean Markley guitar was specifically modeled after a Holdsworth's. Kind of makes the maple vs. ebony more signficant of a detail! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Do you know if the back of the neck was lacquered as well?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

i would imagine it was laquered, and most likely had a Dimarzio trem as well... everything bill did in that period was based on allan...strange.

scott henderson also had a couple of charvels that were holdsworth styled, cept for H-S-H configuration...

Comment

I also remember that ad. Very cool guitar...very cool.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Here's my version:

I like SeventhSon's better, though!

Comment

Working...
                              X