F-Spaced Gibson pickup!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-Spaced Gibson pickup!?

Ok, I have this uncovered (no solder points on bottom) Gibson pickup that is F-spaced. It has Gibson USA stamped into the baseplate, one row of slotted screws, reads 15K (an Iommi is 17K, a Dirty Fingers is 15K+ but those were not F-Spaced), single conductor with the mesh shield.

Any ideas what it is?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: F-Spaced Gibson pickup!?

Could it be a 500T?

Comment

I've got a 500T in my LPS, but it's standard spaced. Gibson hasn't made a Floyded guitar in years (1989/90 - the Ex90 and V90 models with Schaller and Steinberger trems), and these were taken from a post-2000 USA LP, according to the guy I bought them from.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

maybe it was one of their that came out of one those older fugly floyded guitars that they used to make?
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

They used to make an M-III. Think of it as being the gibson "dinky". Either that or they were aftermarket ones that the seller had in a guitar that he ended up not liking.

Comment

My ESP Mirage Custom has an aftermarket Gibson pickup that is F-spaced, and I believe that it is a 500T

Comment

any gibby pup that has a T at the end of the model(500T,498T,490T) is treble spaced.
              gibson in the last few years has made their bridge on any guitar with a 500T,498T or 490T at the bridge spot have a wider spacing and it requires a 53mm pole spaced pup
              this is the SAME as a trembucker or F-spaced pup in dimension
              I have a 490T,500T and both are the same as my duncan TB-5 custom which is for floyds normally
              your pup is a 500T going by the resistance of it(15K) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Ah, I was not aware they changed the string spacing of their bridges, because I have a 93 LP Standard that I put a 500T in years ago and it lines up properly with the TOM, but a TB is spaced too wide.

Comment

Working...
                X