My Daughters Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Daughters Start

In my NOS Y2KV Post I mentioned I picked up a Daisy Rock guitar for my daughter. Some wanted to see some pics so here they are. This guitar actually plays really well and the fit and finish looks good as well. I also included a pic of her SG (When she gets older) and my daughter with the V she just turned 4. The guitar is a present so it has been put awayfor a little while.

EJ

Re: My Daughters Start

Wow, that's the first SG I've ever liked. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've been thinking about getting a Daisy Rock guitar for myself as a joke. I was kind of hesitant because I've seen mixed reviews--it's reasonably playable?

The pic with the V is cute. The guitar is taller than she is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Is she wearing Dorothy's ruby slippers?

Comment

sure there for you daughter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cute daughter, you have been Blessed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I can't show my wife that or she'll want a daughter. I have two boys but I think we're done [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Actually I picked up the SG for myself a while back before she was born [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Yeah it is Coral Pink [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] and I am from the 80's. It has a great ebony board on it and a 24 fret neck. The only one I have seen with an ebony board. The Daisy Rock does play very well. It is the 24 3/4 scale version and acoustically sounds great. I have not plugged it in because my daughter woke up and I had to hide it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Thank You for the kind words of being blessed. She is a sweetheart most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. As you can see she is on a Wizard of Oz kick as well with her Ruby Slippers.

EJ

Comment

Way t ogo dad!
          I have never seen a coral SG where'd ya find it?

I was looking for a one hum mahogony bodied guitar in coral pink (LP Jr, SG, Tele).
          So far I can't find one in a decent quality llinke and Epi SG-400 or better. Even a coral mexican tele with a maple neck would be cool. Let me know where to find this stuff!
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Way t ogo dad!
            I have never seen a coral SG where'd ya find it?

I was looking for a one hum mahogony bodied guitar in coral pink (LP Jr, SG, Tele).
            So far I can't find one in a decent quality llinke and Epi SG-400 or better. Even a coral mexican tele with a maple neck would be cool. Let me know where to find this stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

I found that at Sam Ash they had a special on them about 6 years ago it was the SG-X line they had LOOK HERE The unique feature I saw was the Ebony board on it they also had it in other god awful colors wierd browns [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] my friend picked one of the brown ones up. They sound and play great

EJ

Comment

Ooo, I like the "carribbean blue" one too. Coral pink is still my fave though.

I don't think I've ever seen a pink Gibson before, custom or not.

Comment

Let me know how that goes. I bought my son a scaled down strat copy a couple of years ago. He is 7 now and I have been trying to get him going. He loves to make noise and has a strong picking hand, but it has been very hard to teach him how to fret notes. He also likes to play drums and has shown some ability in that area. I wouldn't mind having a drummer in the family.....now, if I can just start my 4 year old daughter on bass..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Dude I can't believe I'm seeing a pink version of the guitar that Tommy Love from Throwdown used to play.

Comment

my student kaitlyn has one of those daisy rock guitars, but in a different color finish. all in all, not a bad guitar at all.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

cute daughter, love the sg! I have a 1999 SG special with the ebony board and love it! Now as to the daisy rock, cool looking guitar but the problem i see is she will always have to be standing to play it, doesnt look like a good lap guitar.

Todd

Comment

Thanks. The Daisy Rock is a special present that she has not received yet. As for sitting down she can use the SG or a Paul copy or one of my other not so expensive guitars.

EJ

Comment

She'll be very happy with the DR! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Adopt me! I only have a few months before I'm 18!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Adopt me! I only have a few months before I'm 18!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

NO! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EJ

Comment

Working...
                              X