Proper hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper hello!

Hi all. I joined the forum a few weeks ago, but hadn't posted any pics of my collection (so far....see thread on Wolfgangs! [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img])- this is my first attempt, so bear with me!

Hope it worked - I'll see in few moments, I guess! All are standard - although JACKSONWOLF changed the pickups in the Ibanez RS1010SL to a Bareknuckle Mule & DiMarzio Tone Zone, and in the Black V he put a calibrated set of Bareknuckle Nailbombs (Urban Camo finish) for me - cheers mate! If the pics don't show on this thread, I'll swear a bit & go back to the drawing board later & try again...........
    [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Re: Proper hello!

Nice Collection!
    That Lukather Ibanez is nice!
    Also I like the PRS.
    Custom 24?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Ibanez was my main guitar for years, but the pickups lost a bit of the edge they once had, so I upgraded - Steve did a good job as the old p/ups weren't standard size & I didn't want any extra holes in my old faithful - may have to upgrade the tuners to a locking set too, as use of the whammy bar detunes everything! Yeah, it's a Custom 24 - nice guitars - in blue matteo. Bought that when I sold my house - got a deal on the PRS+Zakk Wylde. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I suppose), it was the start of my GAS....... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool collection: love the LPs and the SL2H...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I love the V, the SL2H and the explorer [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Nice V2. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Nice Gibbies! Like the Marshall too!

Comment

Nice gear, man. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome to the forums! Damn nice collection!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Welcome aboard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Great collection [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Hello and welcome! Nice axes you got there.

What year is your black V?
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nice collection. I like the natural finish V. What's the story behind the V shaped pickups? And are the edges beveled where they meet the darker wood? (Sorry, I know nothing about Gibsons. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

Comment

Cheers guys. The Black V is 1999 - it's a bit beaten up & definitely 2nd hand (probably gigged), but looked cool in the shop - I hadn't seen one with an ebony board (at least it looks like ebony - they're usually rosewood), so just went with the flow & bought it. The other V is a 1980 V2 - it's a maple/walnut layered body & the "boomerang pickups" are standard - I think they're supposed to be humbuckers, but they're really low output & haven't got the grunt I want for the stuff I like to play. This one was a "hire purchase" reclaim, so I got it a bit cheap - but that was in about 1981/82 & I thought it was rock personified! That WAS the 80's remember - now it looks a bit like a tart's handbag - but I still love the old gal! The body is bevelled along both edges & under the tailpiece. I think there's one on e-bay (may have just finished - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1), but it's walnut/maple rather than maple/walnut so is darker. An Explorer2 was made at the same time, but I only ever saw one of those (again, in the 80's). I've got the Gibson sales brochure for that period somewhere - if anyone's interested I could try to take a photo & post the V2 page here. The Marshall head (JCM800 - 2203) was 2nd hand from Andy's in Denmark St., London & the 4x12 was an e-bay purchase. I just wish I'd learned to play properly in the 80's & didn't give up through the 90's & all the Marshall wear & tear was through my gigging! Wish I still had all my hair too............Restarted playing a couple of years ago with loads of support from SJ (my new partner) - she puts up with the GAS too. Don't consider myself good enough to gig yet - but I'm having fun working on it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I love that Ibanez. That was my dream guitar in the 8th grade.

Comment

I would DEFINITLY be interested in those salesfolder scans!! I've been obsessing about Explorer I's for a while now.
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X