Proper hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proper hello!

Venomboy - I got the Ibanez new & it still plays really well - although it's only got 21 frets, which can be a bit limiting. I don't know how your grade system goes, but when I bought it, it was at the end of my second year of University - I saved for it by not drinking beer for a year. Hard work for a student! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]). There was one in the shops with a locking nut & matching headstock & I kind of wish I'd gone for that one because of the tuning problems I'm getting now - but I still prefer the look of mine & you don't see them all that often now. Having said that - I hate to promote GAS but http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

GodOfRhythm - I'll see what I can do, but it'll have to be a photo rather than a scan, as my scanner is in a box somewhere. I can remember it's got Explorer2 & V2's, but am not sure about Explorer1's. I'll have a look & try to post something tomorrow.
    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Awesome man, appreciate that a lot! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

cool guitars there mate-havnt been to Denmark street for ages.You know i will have to get an LP one day,always been put off as(imo)there old mans guitars..lol
        but i'm a fn old man now so i might as well bite the bullet.

Comment

Wow, that's a great collection! Love those Les Pauls.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Wow, that's a great collection! Love those Les Pauls.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^^^

+1....... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Cheers again guys! I love Les Pauls - they're reassuringly heavy! Tell Zakk it's an "old man's guitar" while I stand back and giggle! Tried to get an image of the Explorer2/V2 page from the Rosetti (UK Gibbo distributors at the time - about 1980ish) catalogue on this thread, but can't get connected to photodump at the minute. The pic is ok, but a bit grainy. I'll try again later.

Comment

Ok - just got access & uploaded the pic. Sorry - it's probably big - but as it's grainy a smaller version may have been unreadable.

The prices are UK Pounds sterling - date approx. 1982 (there's a photo from the 1981 London Trade Fair on the front of the salesfolder.

Comment

Oh. It is unreadable! One day, I'll get my scanner working again.

EXPLORER II
                  Sculptured walnut/maple body construction. Adjustable gold plated Tune-o-Matic bridge. Gibson exclusive fine tuning gold plated TP-6 tailpiece. Two high output "Dirty Fingers" Humbucking pickups with exposd coils. Two volume controls, one master tone control. Ebony fingerboard. De luxe gold plated individual mini machine heads.

Flying V-II
                  5 piece laminated maple/walnut construction. Adjustable gold plated Tune-o-Matic bridge solidly mounted on two individual 5/8" brass studs for added sustain. Two specially designed Gibson 'Boomerang' (TM) Humbucking pickups with one master tone and two volume controls. Polished brass fingerboard nut. Ebony fingerboard with pearl dot inlays. De luxe individual gold plated machine heads with crank button. 22 frets. 24 3/4" scale.

Don't ask me what the "crank" button is - although I think some models had a flip-out winder in the machine head knob. Mine may pre-date this brochure - I heard somewhere that early "Boomerangs" were single coils, but weren't popular. Possibly more info. on :- http://www.flying-v.ch/

Comment

Great info there! Saving and archiving it! Thanks man, awesome help! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

big girly for giggling [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      I thought Zakk was a pro player not a pro fighter,but what do i know he rides choppers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Is tittering less girly? Ah, Finbarr Saunders & his Double Entendres (I assume?). Joke:-
                        Landlord - "A woman walked into the bar the other day & asked for a double entendre",
                        Customer - "What did you do?",
                        Barman - "Give her one".

Comment

Those are some serious axes you've got there. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                          X