Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Future of GMW

[ QUOTE ]
    You buy a $2400 Charvel or Jackson and you still have to spend $150 to get it set up right...neck tweak...polish and grind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had three new USA Jacksons this year (2 SLATQH's and a SL2T Limited Chlorine) and every one was set up great right out of the box. Thats just me though. I would never spend that kind of money on a guitar and then immediately have the frets ground and polished. I'd send it right back.

I think the difference is that Jackson sells through dealers, not directly to the customer. The dealer is responsible for the final set up (if needed) before delivery (AFAIK). GMW is the only "dealer" in their situation (you buy direct) so they set them up like that before delivery.

Maybe the dealer you got your Jackson's from isn't that good at pre sale setups?

Just my 2 cents.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      http://mcs.acidpit.org/viewtopic.php?t=3943
      The fourth post in this thread. That is where I am coming from and the countless other times Neal mentioned this. I wouldn't know the exatc detail that is done to guitars at MCS but I know for a fact that a good deal of work that makes GMW guitars so good is made at MCS.

Same with MCS guitars a great deal of work(all paint and graphics stuff) is done at GMW. If one of them didn't exist the other wouldn't be this good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can dig it, but this is what Neal told me himself when he got in touch about a guitar of mine. I was keen to find out what happened to my frets but Neal advised the MCS is respnsible only for dressing the frets and they do the nuts on non-FLoyd guitars. They don't put the frets in, which is also crucial to the longevity of the fretwork.

Comment

Gene, have you received your guitar yet? If not, what's the hold up?

Comment

I have owned a few(over 10) USA Jacksons and all of them were set up very nice and the frets were sweet. Jack.

Comment

I can't be the only one here that gets Charvel/ USA Jacksons and the set up sucks. I have maybe two out of 15 that were even decent, these guitars are never intonated properly and there seems to be a fret issue with them all of the time. My GMWs and Andersons were always perfect. My recent Charvel Custom shop was excellent as well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Gene, have you received your guitar yet? If not, what's the hold up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am waiting on the form fit case at this stage. Like sand through the hourglass, so are the waits for our guitars. Lol.

Comment

So were all the issues sorted out to your satisfaction?
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                X