ESP Lynch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Lynch

So I have 5 Jacksons now and am considering an ESP George Lynch Signature Kamikaze. I'd prefer to just stick with Jacksons, but I'm huge Lynch fan so I want a Kami.

Any opinions on quality, feel, playability, etc. of the Lynch Kami compared to say a USA Soloist SL2H?

thanks

Re: ESP Lynch

I have owned a few guitars from the Lynch series and my favorites are the Kami III and M1 Tiger. Both are fanatastic guitars with great tone and playability. The all maple Tiger just screams, while the Kami is more refined.

They both have the wide 1 3/4" nut width and play like a dream.

My only gripe is the pricing. I've heard that 12% of the purchase price goes towards George's tanning sessions. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I've heard that 12% of the purchase price goes towards George's tanning sessions.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        My only gripe is the pricing. I've heard that 12% of the purchase price goes towards George's tanning sessions. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found Kami's for about $1,900. This is not much different than Soloist pricing. Aside from bolt on neck vs. neck thru, I'm curious why should ESP Signatures cost less than USA Soloist?

Comment

You rang sir? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          I have one and they are top notch bolt on neck guitars.
          I'm also a huge Lynch fan too.

Something you should know...

Neck:
          The neck on all of the Kami series are 1 3/4's...a wide neck indeed and it took me a few days to get use to it. Nonetheless I love the overall feel of the neck.

The bridge/neck pickup: "screamin demon".
          Excellent sustain and harmonics as well as surperb at squealing effortlessly.
          Neck pickup provides good clean tones.

Overview:
          Its definietly made to last, it can easily be the main guitar for gigging. Its a very heavy guitar (maple body.
          Yes, its exspensive but worth every penny.
          I play Metallica, Van Halen, Megadeth and with the neck pickup, I can easily get that famailar country sound which my wife loves. She's a country girl and likes her country music.

You won't regret it, so get one and rock out.
          I picked mine up locally (out of Indianapolis IN). I was way too afraid of the big risk of buying a guitar online. When I bought it locally, I was able to change the strings to 10's and have it setup accordingly before taking it home.
          I plan on doing a Lynch warmoth guitar before too long. The orange one he played in the reh video. I love that thing.

Here's a decent link, I really like this site and have nothing but praise to say about it.
          http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/in...amp;BrandID=12
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Here's a decent link, I really like this site and have nothing but praise to say about it.
            http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/in...=12&BrandID=12

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all the info Soap! I'll probably buy a Kami soon.

Ironically I'm in Denver for biz and drove over to DCGL yesterday. There were like 3 people in the store (much smaller than I'd imagined) and one of them was Mick Thompson from Slipknot. The DCGL guys were super nice guys. I bought an SL2H Bengal from them a couple years ago.

Comment

For a Lynch guitar, I have to have a Bengal. I plan on some day adding one of those.

Let us know how the Kami does for you.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

there cool guitars but his push/pull pickup selector is as usefull as a chocolate teapot!
                I havnt played the Kami but i do own the skull n snake Esp model and have tried someone elses identical(but older skull version)and the serpent model.
                being able to to A/B all at the same time i can easily say there built well with fantastic necks and screaming pickups.
                Agree with Mike i would love a bengal or his tiger-the bengals reverse hockey stick head looks fantastic with that finish.apart from the pickup selector there perfect rock beasts.

Comment

I have owned several. I still have a Skulls and Snakes. Fit and finish are evey bit as good as what you will get on a USA Jackson.
                  Like everyone else has stated the necks take a little getting used to. They are big. Unless you have to have a new one I would get a good used from ebay to save a little money.

Comment

hmm...wide neck...my old charvel fusion had a wide neck...plus, i'm GAS'ing for a Purple Tiger, and its supposed to be a whole 100 bucks cheaper than Kami! lol.

Comment

In Japan, these guitars are made in the back of Big Boss, Super Guitar Stores. If you are picky on your finish work, the silver on the bombs sometimes is uneven and the silk screened samurai isn't always dead perfect. All other models of Lynch I have seen have been perfect. I recently saw an all dayglo version of a Kamikaze IV at a pawn shop on this side of the pond going for the equivalent of $720. I went back a few days later and it was gone.

Comment

Make sure you check one out first. A buddy of mine managed a guitar store which carried ESP at the time, and ordered a Kami for himself. When he got it, the thing weighed 14 lbs! Maybe that's why George had to get all buffed up? LOL

Comment

What do you guys think about this one? Super cool or super ugly? Kami

Comment

Well, according to Lynch's website, even he found that day-glo finish irritating and sanded his own personal version down to bare wood..............

http://www.georgelynch.com/guitars/flourescentkaze.html

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              What do you guys think about this one? Super cool or super ugly?

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I love the Kami IV! Definitely crazy-80s colors but that's what I like. And a maple board. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X