1st Wolfgang Replacement (HP Special) Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Wolfgang Replacement (HP Special) Out

Here is a review of the 1st HP Special out. I think it looks pretty good & may pick one up.

HP Special Review

Re: 1st Wolfgang Replacement (HP Special) Out

I kinda got an in with the inner works at Meridian, and right now the word is they are having problems with getting up to speed on this project. they really fucked up when they shut down the Leakesville plant, they lost almost all of the key people who made Wolfgangs.
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Way better looking than the wolfgangs IMO.

Comment

That is pretty cool! I don't really care for the toggle switch placement, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like the shape much more than the Wolfgang. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What kind of wood is that underneath the maple?

Comment

That does look much nicer than I expected it to from some pics I saw of the 'replacement' a while ago - however, I reckon the lower range, solid colour versions could look a bit bland, and I agree, the placement of that toggle is just plain wrong!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I like it! Looks like a cross between a Steve Morse and a Petrucci body style. Always loved the way Wolfies feel and sound, but the body just never did it for me. I may be in the market for one of these if they have no quality issues due to the fact that "they really fucked up when they shut down the Leakesville plant, they lost almost all of the key people who made Wolfgangs"

Comment

The look is growing on me, not bad.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

How's it sound??
                  "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    How's it sound??

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't already you can check the review here:

http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/HP%20...l%20Review.htm

I believe that one has a basswood back but from the spec sheets on the above page, you can get Mahogany, Alder, Basswood, etc...

Comment

I like the new shape a lot better too. Nice balance to it.

Comment

I can't wait to try one of these. My issues with the Wolfgang were that the floyd wasn't recessed and that it didn't have single coils. The HP Special takes care of that. The spec sheet also shows stainless steel frets. I have a hard time believing a regular production guitar would have this option. If I'm wrong then I'm sold.

Time to prep the wife for a new guitar purchase [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Comment

The HP specials are not a production guitar. They are basically all custom guitars. A guitar store will have to order a batch and specify what they want.

Comment

I kind of like it, it's growing on me
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              How's it sound??

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't already you can check the review here:

http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/HP%20...l%20Review.htm

I believe that one has a basswood back but from the spec sheets on the above page, you can get Mahogany, Alder, Basswood, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but what I ment was the pups compaired to the Wolfgang. Are they the same one's?
                              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                              X