PRS? ANYONE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS? ANYONE?

OK, I want to see some pics of PRS guitars with some simple reviews.
    Anyone?
    Thanks!
    [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: PRS? ANYONE?

I have a Santana III. Great guitar. Suck ass pickups. I pulled out the Santana III's and put in Dragon II's. Still suck ass pickups. I put in Duncan Phat Kat's - fucking awesome now.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have two CE24 and a Custom 22. I personally like the CE24 better. I like the sound of the pickups. They seem to thru the mix better. PRS tremolos work well too.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Yeah ... dispite PRS's reputation for excellent guitars, their pickups really suck. I say they should team up with Seymour Duncan. On the other hand, I think PRS tremelos are awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys!!
          Where are the pics???
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Here are mine. The pics don't do them justice.

Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I've also got a CE24, and it's great. The trem works great, and the pickups sound good to me as well. The fret work is flawless. That guitar and my Rectifier seem to be meant for each other (and no, I don't play Nu-Metal crap). My PRS has a very alive, musical quality to it. One piece Mahogany back, thick flamed maple arch top. Thin, wide neck carve. It's a keeper for sure. If I had a gripe, it would be the five way rotary switch... I like toggles better, but I'll live. Oh yeah, a pic:

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/...ssell/PRS1.jpg

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                My PRS has a very alive, musical quality to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's why I've hung onto the one I have for several years. It's a very articulate and alive with nice acoustic volume. Definitely not a shredder but the neck is very comfortable. The vintage trem works well ... for a vintage trem.

On the downside the 5-way rotary switch would be kind of a pain in the ass if you intend to do anything other than jam at home and the goofy (old-style) PRS locking tuners are the oddest mechanism I've seen. It's like they decide to design something new just to be different.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Thanks guys!!
                  These look great!

I agree, I would hate to use 5way switch on PRS.
                  I had one with 3way and it was so easy like Gibson and it had a Tone knob with push/pull for coil tap.
                  mmmmm.... I WANT ONE!!!

More pics anyone??

Comment

Here are a few: [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

toooooooo nice!
                      Me like!
                      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      mmmmmmmm now if I only had money......
                      [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

My chair is awesome, (hand me down, but it's a crazy ass cozy lazy boy) and the guitar is awesome.

It's a CE24, HFS and a Vintage Bass in the neck. Cuts through the mix, and sounds great in the Mesa, because of the mid range of the guitar. It has a great clean sound also. The rotary switch doesn't bother me.

My PRS is very musical, it seems like it makes music. I've got a wide thin neck carve, and it's really comfortable.

Here is another pic of it, but as said, the pics don't do them justice. These guitars have a level of craftsmanship that is awesome. It is the only guitar I've owned, that I've not put a Duncan Distortion and either a Jazz or in one case a lil 59 in the neck.

Comment

Here's mine. I still have it...looks like my ebay buyer might've stiffed me. So don't be surprised if it shows up on the classifieds again.

Comment

which of the PRS's are bolt ons? If I get one I want the set neck.

Keith Gutierrez, the purple middle one is sweeeeeeeet!
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Generally, the "CE" series are boltons, the "Custom" series are set neck. The bolt ons have a very long neck tenon, kinda like an old Les Paul. They have great sustain, and you could pick up a used one for less than $1000. I'd like a set neck version with the bird inlays... maybe trans black like above.

Comment

Working...
                              X