No announcement yet.

What Fender Stratocaster model is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Fender Stratocaster model is this?

- 21 frets
    - Rosewood fretboard
    - tremolo bridge (6 screws)
    - Color red + white pickguard
    - 3 single coils
    - SN: N1025525
    - Made in USA

Re: What Fender Stratocaster model is this?

91 american strat. 6 screw trem and 21 frets could designatet that it is a reissue model.

Comment

Sounds like somebody could've switched the neck from a STD strat (JPN or MXN) and put a USA neck on it. I cant recall any red USA strats that a Vintage trem and the seriel doesnt really depict a reissue from what ive seen. The USA reissues usually have a seriel number startin with a V to designate is being a vintage reissue. Pics would help if you get some. what shade of red is it? Fiesta red, Candy Apple, Metallic red, dakota red?..
      Gil

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Sounds like somebody could've switched the neck from a STD strat (JPN or MXN) and put a USA neck on it. I cant recall any red USA strats that a Vintage trem and the seriel doesnt really depict a reissue from what ive seen. The USA reissues usually have a seriel number startin with a V to designate is being a vintage reissue. Pics would help if you get some. what shade of red is it? Fiesta red, Candy Apple, Metallic red, dakota red?..
        Gil

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have this one crappy picture. I don´t know if it helps any...

Comment

I seem to recal the <u>US made California Strat (010-1400)</u> had a vintage style trem, 21 frets and was available both in Candy Apple Red and Fiesta Red.
          They were made available second half of the 90's.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I seem to recal the <u>US made California Strat (010-1400)</u> had a vintage style trem, 21 frets and was available both in Candy Apple Red and Fiesta Red.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the serial number this one is made in 1991...

Comment

That Sparkle Ibanez kicks ASS! Any more pics of it?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the serial number this one is made in 1991...

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yes, I know, N1 indicates 1991 or 1992, this remains a bit of a puzzle: the neck cannot be from an American Standard of this period because it had 22 fret's.
                Does the decal of the serial looks original (maybe a picture of it)?
                Did you dissassemble it? Any indication in the neck pocket or pickup cavities? Any indications on the Pots (for dating them)?

PS. I know N9 serials were found on both 1990 as 1999 models, I don't know of this could have been the case for other years also?

Comment

Working...
                X