Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dean Guitars: Above and Beyond

[ QUOTE ]
    That is a cool story; they went all-out to please you. I just have one question though:
    after going through all the Hard Tail Selects
    at HQ, the best one still needed a setup? They apparently need a setup team and/or beefed up QC going by that....

[/ QUOTE ]

It was great, I just like things my own way and I do my own setups on every guitar I own. Nothing to do with QC, just my own personal preference.

Comment

You hear stories like this all the time about Dean Guitars. Truly a great company, run by very cool people.

Those Hardtail Selects (and Hardtails) are killer guitars. Enjoy it!

Comment

Oh Wow, that is awesome!! Big Kudos to Dean for being so cool. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        That is one gorgeous Brazillia Burst you've got there, Congratulations! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

sweet.. is the hardtail select the one thats around 500 bucks?

i was thinking that, or a PRS SE for my next one.

Comment

That's one for the books! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dean gets another notch in my book! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              That's awesome! Good people and good company. Congrats on the new HT, she's a Beaut!

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

Very cool story indeed! I've spoke with both Elliott & Bill on the phone. Back in Feb'Mar we were talking about me supplying the Dean USA shop with TR covers. Not sure what happened, I havent heard back from them. But, they were really cool to deal with on the phone.
                >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go with the Dean IMHO
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    It's nice to hear a happy ending once in a while. When companies make the effort, they gain invaluable word of mouth reputation, and loyal customers. It's really a shame that more companies don't see things that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">a big freakin "ditto" zeegs! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

That is a great story, bro, thanks for sharing it with us and congrats on the guitar- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That's a great story. Dean's always had great products but now with great people behind the scenes they went up a couple notches in my book.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go with the Dean IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

This thing kicks the poopie out of everything I have played in this price range. It is just a step up in quality and is really on par with high-end USA stuff like Gibson and PRS. And this is the MIK version, the USA version is probably THE nicest guitar I have ever played. It just fits my hand and my ears so well it's incredible. I am definitely digging the whole Dean vibe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Man I have a "Dean From Hell" on order and also the rust razorback and Before dimebag fell I was trying hard to get one, then all the shit went down and Dean got back to me letting me know which dealer had the guitars. He emailed me back every time and not even a day after the email. Dean is killer in my books and I've got a future there.

Good story!

Chris

Comment

very cool to hear that, especially since i just bought my first dean ever a few weeks ago. not a usa, (fbd), but a quality axe for sure. this is what we need to hear about OUR brand here, i'm a jackson man thru and thru and i wanna remain that way.
                            Hear the universe scream
                            Bleeding from black holes
                            Whom horns careless
                            And whom God mourns

Comment

now the big question is :

is matt or scott going to be a dean dealer anytime soon? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've only owned one Dean (EVO Phantom, since renamed EVO Noir) and sold it some time ago, but due to any shortcomings of the guitar. I posted on the Dean forum a few times, specifically about the pickups, as they were quite impressive for being stock on a $500 Korean guitar. Either Dean or Elliot replied to my post and "talked shop" with me. I was quite impressed.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X