Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA Project Starting Now

Hey guys,

Woo hoo! My Jem body arrived today, and thus begins my DNA project!

I bought an RG550QS (Mahogany body, Quilted Sapele top) to use for parts. It's actually a really nice guitar, and it's a shame to cannibalize it, but I'm gonna anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It looks black in these pics, but it actually has a beautiful, albeit dark, trans finish. I actually wanted a maple fretboard, but I couldn't resist this one - so I decided to call this my DNA project instead of my PMC project. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (DNAs have Rosewood fretboards - PMCs have Maple).

Then, I ordered a custom built Jem body, with these improvements (IMO, of course): 1. Ash body; 2. no tone knob; 3. no middle pickup; 4. no pickguard.

Oh yeah, and one more improvement - the RG's "Super Wizard" neck has the cool Bubinga stripe, and is THINNER than my Jem's! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm planning to scallop the last few frets, once I take the neck off the RG. Wish me luck! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Without further ado, here are some (crappy) pics for y'all:

The RG came with some nice, upgraded pickups (Tone Zone in the bridge, PAF Pro in the neck), and I might use 'em with bobbin toppers, but I'll more likely sell or trade 'em and get some white or yellow DiMarzios (Evos, Tone Zones, or PAF Pros - all are cool in my book) - as I think black pickups would look just a bit too bland for this baby!

Re: DNA Project Starting Now

That's going to look great! Have fun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: DNA Project Starting Now

Man,that will be badass!I just got one of the RG321,the cheap hardtail with 2 hums.Pretty decent guitar,makes me kinda want another [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].........................
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Working...
      X