Badass GMP V in the hizzouse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badass GMP V in the hizzouse!

HELLO, SNAKE RIVER CANYON! ARE YOU READY TO ROCK???!!!

That's right, Evel fans, the GMP Evel Kneivel NAMM show V is alive and well and ready to rock my world.

I first saw this one-of-a-kind badboy when GMP (RIP) posted pics of their Winter NAMM show guitars earlier this year. As anyone who knows GMP knows, those guys pulled out all the stops for their NAMM show guitars -- but this one jumped out and strangled me.

Growing up, Evel was my hero. The sh*t. So when I see his trademark stars and stripes graphic -- in GMP sparkle no less -- on a guitar, well, I was smitten to say the least.

When GMP ran into trouble recently, I said what the hell. Sold some stuff and ordered it up.

This thing is beyond badass, boys. So outrageous. So rock n roll. Build and finish quality is just what you expect from GMP, and it plays like butta. Haven't plugged it in yet (too busy ogling it), but even unplugged it sounds killer.

This makes GMP number four for me, and I don't want to stop. These guitars are that amazing.

As an advertising guy, I think up slogans all day long. And there's only one slogan that's appropriate for a company who makes (made) guitars with this kind of attitude and these kind of finishes:

GMP: Rock as fuck.

Re: Badass GMP V in the hizzouse!

Very kick ass. On second thought it really is ugly and should be sold to me for little to nothing. Congrats on the score, with the sad demise of GMP this one is surely to be a collector's piece.

Comment

ho-lee crap!

what i like most about it is the shadowing on the edges; it really adds depth. that is hilariously killer; you can't not love that!
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          +1
          [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

wow indeed...I like it..congrats on a killer score....looks sweeeet

Is the logo ...mirror??? or silver???
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Incredible!! Congrats man - if you ever have the urge to sell this thing to a Canadian...
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Comment

Another killer GMP.
                    Congrats!
                    Now, where is Brad?
                    Show me yours.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Congratulations. That is a totally bad ass guitar.

Comment

Damn! I mean DAMN! That may be the best GMP yet! And who (well, who my age anyway) could ever forget the almost weekly pics of Evel Kneivel's latest feats that graced the covers of those weekly pulp readers they passed out in grade school? And who, besides, GMP would think to give the man a hat tip today? Very cool!

Phenomenal! Stunning! Amazing! Congrats on what may be the best GMP I've seen here yet! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Wanna trade it for a JJP? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

MOTHERFUCKER!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Trace, the logo appears to be cut out of a mirrored/foil type material. The truss rod cover is chromed steel... very mirror like. You can actually make out the plaid of my shirt in the photo above.

I'm just sitting here staring at it. It's so incredible i can't even tell you. Those photos do no justice to the sparkle graphic.

By the way, for all our young JCF brethren, there's a new Knievel you can call your own -- Robbie, Evel's son. Does similar stunts, has a show on A&E, he even wears the same graphic. But his old man still rules.

Comment

"Rock as Fuck", lol!

That is seriously a sweet guitar. Just when you think there is nothing original left to see, lol. It is an instant classic!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X