Eric Johnson Strat on the way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eric Johnson Strat on the way...

I saved pics of EJ playing his Signature guitar somewhere.
    He was playing a See Thru Blonde one.
    Very nice.
    I will look for them and post them right here later.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow I've read up on this model lately. You are going to be in for a real treat I'm sure. Haven't had a chance to play one but from what I've heard the tone and feel is just amazing. Congrats !

Comment

congratulations Ralph, I've heard some good things about them. I love strats. My fist real good guitar was a early 70's strat with the large headstock. I still love the body style. Its cool that a guitar body design from 54 is still cool as hell today [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I found this pic of Eric on Robins site looking to see if Vandenberg used them in that one video from the 80's.

shawnlutz.com

Comment

You know I've heard the guitar is nice BUT bottom line is....Eric's is a master built custom shop...all the rest are going to be machine made polymer coated guitars.

Comment

I've been eyeballing the EJ Strat too. I would have to say it is the ultimate Strat. You get vintage looks with up to date performance. What more could you ask for?

Comment

Not poly! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

From the fender website:

"The light 2-piece alder body is dressed in a very thin nitro cellulous lacquer finish"

Comment

I wonder what kind of finish the neck will have. I was toying with the idea of picking up a relic but usually the in stock ones have such small frets.This may be an option now.

Comment

I agree with the small frets being a deterent on the relics, although I have two of them. My bigger beef with the relics is the radius of the fretboard.

I have seen a few relics done with 9.5" radius and larger frets, my local Guitar Center has a few of them right now, which for me makes them way more attractive.

Comment

Is the Eric Johnson model manufactured by the custom shop?

Comment

I am calling around to see if I can order a Fender 56 relic two tone burst with larger frets like 6100 dunlop size.

Comment

I am looking to order a relic tomorrow but I am going to get it with 6100 frets. The 9.5 radius is closer to a Charvel USA feel?

Comment

I used to have a relic in Fiesta Red back in 97 and had it refreted with jumbo frets and Duncan classic stack in the bdirge.
                            It played great!

Comment

I am actually trying to get a neck and frets close to the Charvel 25th Anniv.

Comment

By modifying the neck shape as well?
                                I believe Charvel necks and fender necks are very different.
                                It will cost you a lot hwen you do that.
                                Such as reshaping the neck, new frets and what about adding 22nd fret and extend the fretboard?
                                I did that with my 70's Fender neck and costed a lot..

Comment

Working...
                                X