Anybody play reverse handed guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody play reverse handed guitars?

As in, playing a lefty guitar if you're right handed? How's it feel? In your opinion, is it hard to play on? Any other thoughts?

any pics of whatever guiar you've tried/owned, and other speculation would be totally cool and appreciated!

Re: Anybody play reverse handed guitars?

Yeah,many times,can be kinda cool!!
    I've found it works best on Vs as on strats the volume knobs can be right under your hand/arm!!Input jack/cord too!!
    Also,some lefty guitars also have reverse pots so you constantly turn yourself down instead of up!!Dohh!!
    No side-dots on the neck can be weird too!!
    I've done it with several strats(including a Jimi Hendrix Tribute strat)& an SG & a few Vs!!

Comment

I have had a few lefty guitars flipped righty over the years and while they all looked cool, it was hard for me to get comfortable playing them because the cord always got in the way!!

Here is my old left handed Mustang that I play. A 90 degree input jack equipped cord makes this one semi comfty and to make her rock I slapped in a hot rail pku in the bridge!
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Sweet info, guys! I had my eye set on a special piece, but i was worried about reaching the top frets, and if having the neck pocket the other way around would be more susceptible to cracking.
        maybe i should learn Michael Angelo's technique, playing with my fretting hand on Top of the neck to reach those higher frets, lol.

Comment

my roomate plays right handed guitars lefty, no restring [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Upper fret access is definitely restricted on a strat shape,no problem on Vs!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              my roomate plays right handed guitars lefty, no restring [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

dick dale goes to college?
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

That Mustang looks nice, I love the Einstein drawing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You guys are all insane!!!!

Comment

A body of mine does. His dad was right handed so he taught himself on his dad's guitars. He is a very good guitar player.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

I thought about getting a left handed Strat just so I could flip it around like Jimi Hendrix. I never thought about how hard it would be to get to those top frets though. I guess you could reach your whole arm up around it, or (as seventh avenged mentioned) do it Michael Angelo style.

Comment

Working...
                      X