Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-type NTB Pics

A couple of pics of my V-Type NTB

I thought I would have a hard time without position markers.
    It wasn't hard at all.
    Turns out I play just as badly on this guitar as I do with my Jacksons, so it's all good. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good points:
    Beefy Trem, Peavey of course, but very thick an heavy. Works well so far.

Nice fretwork.. no high or low spots, nice smooth edges.
    Matte black hardware looks really cool against the gloss.
    Grover tuners with the "doughnut" keys absolutely kill. (IMHO)

CONS:
    Thin pups.. all screaming highs.. no lows. These went right away.
    Paint, while good quality, seems a little thin.. hope it lasts.

Overall a high class axe, certainly equal to higher end ESP like the KH.

It's not really that cheap, cost me about $800 Cdn.
    It was the unique look that really sold me. If it didn't have the bling or shape, I would have probably passed.

I know I can get a used USA for a little less on Ebay.

I've played a few (3), this is one is right up there.. plus I think it looks better.

It says " Handcrafted in Korea", written in a script font. as opposed to "Made in..."

You can take that to mean.. whatever..

Re: V-type NTB Pics

Bling BLing!

Grats! Look good! I only saw them in White.
    They played well. Good buy

Comment

Nice axe. I really love that headstock shape, and those tuning keys.

Comment

Nice man, that is a sharp guitar. I think Peavey really has it going on right now.

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

nice guitar [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] the headstock looks really cool as do the machineheads. is it bolt-on, set or thru?

Comment

Neat guitar. Adrian Vandenberg used to play something like this, didn't he? Did Peavey make them back then, or was that someone else?

Comment

This was Adrian's signature guitar. They re-released it and made a few changes.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                nice guitar [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] the headstock looks really cool as do the machineheads. is it bolt-on, set or thru?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a neck-thu. I should have taken pics of the back.

The back where the neck meets the body wings and heel look exactly like a Model 6 or early Soloist. I mean.. EXACT.

Oh, the other reason I bought it.. I always wanted a short-scale Soloist.. this is as close as I've gotten so far.

Comment

Very cool guitar.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

short scale and neck through! how come i dont own one of those already? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] im gonna have to put a change to that!

Comment

These are very nice guitars, I have had a couple of actual Vandenbergs and these V types are as close as you can get. Peavey has used the "handcrafted in" designation for years. just means "made in" I still have 5-6 US Peaveys and I think they all say handcrafted in the USA. Have you see a "Rotor" yet? made in same Korean Plant, its an Explorer style body with the same notches in the body as the V type. I heard the ceramic pups were weak, easy fix. enjoy, love that binding. saw one in quilt purple. unreal,,
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I have the purple version and changed the pups as well
                        (and added the trappeze inlay tp the neck)
                        http://www.pixum.nl/members/freddons/?ac...75edd5911fc5d48
                        really nice guitars

Comment

Great guitar! I've got the EXP version (see avatar), and it plays very well. I've been thinking about picking up an NTB later. P-ups on mine were not very good either, they weren't EMG's (were those the ones that you put in, or did it come with EMG's?), but they didn't sound very good. I threw in a Toni Iommi pickup and it sounds great. I would suggest these guitars to anyone, they play and feel great and come with some good hardware.

One of the best things about these: LOOOOOWWWWWWW ACTION!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Nice man, that is a sharp guitar. I think Peavey really has it going on right now.

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as Imports go, I agree, Unlike most US guitar companies that offer imported guitars, Peavey uses an exclusive Korean builder for their EXP line, as opposed to most others who have guitar mills like Samick crank out their stuff. this gives them much more control over the quality of the guitar. the EX line on the other hand is Chinese low quality stuff.
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                            X