GMW RedRum gets a double creme duncan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW RedRum gets a double creme duncan

I liked the Dimarzio Tone Zone that was originally in this guitar....but I have really grown to love the Duncan Custom 5 that came in my new Charvel pointy.

It's my new favorite Duncan.....So I wanted to try one in the RedRum & while I was at it I went for a color change to double creme.

It really looks better in person.....I'm liking the tone much better now too.

Re: GMW RedRum gets a double creme duncan

Soooooooo Nice!!
    Congrats!
    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice,excellent choice Brian,much cooler creme!!

Comment

Did you get a double creme from Seymour Duncan recently or is that an old-school pup?

(I guess I was under the impression SD could not produce pups in double creme...)

And that guitar is AWESOME!

Dan

Comment

Duncan Custom 5 is one of my 3 top pups. Blows away anything in the Dimarzio line IMO.

Dimarzios sound thin to me. They don't have the tone of the Custom 5.

Also, experiment with turning the volume down on the Custom 5. They become more focused and you can get more dynamics when you turn them down a little.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Did you get a double creme from Seymour Duncan recently or is that an old-school pup?

(I guess I was under the impression SD could not produce pups in double creme...)

And that guitar is AWESOME!

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

You can have Duncan make a "floor shop custom" in double creme. Basically, they have double creme bobbins underneath a nickel cover that is not soldered on. Once you get the pickup, just pull the cover off and you a have a double creme pickup. Only downside is you have to pay extra for the cover.

Comment

Very nice choice. I have a few double creme Duncans sitting around. Maybe I should see how they look in my guitars.

-Mark

Comment

this one still pains my janky ass. it's a daisy brian. hot shit for sure.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I still don't know why anyone but DiMarzio can produce double creme pickups with covers? Does anyone know the exact reason why? Is it because they hold the copyrights to the name "PAF"?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I still don't know why anyone but DiMarzio can produce double creme pickups with covers? Does anyone know the exact reason why? Is it because they hold the copyrights to the name "PAF"?

[/ QUOTE ]
                        No, it´s because they trademarked the color, just like they trademarked "PAF" and are trademarking mirror Bobbins as we speak (or is that already through?)...

Just say no to BS business practices = Just say no to Dimarzio [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW: WITH covers anyone can do, it´s without that´s trademarked [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice choice! I think that guitar is killer no matter what you put into it!
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I like what you have done here. I would like to lay naked with that guitar in a bed of my choice.

Comment

Working...
                            X