My Mutt!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mutt!!!

She's done!! This thing SCREAMS!!! Man, I'm digging it!
    It came together pretty easily, too. Only two neck removals to get the shimming right. My Dad wired it for me and made the rear cavity cover. I'm even liking the EMGs! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Special thanks to all of you who helped out with small parts...JCF Rocks, baby!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Thanks and major props to Mark Nixon!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: My Mutt!!!

Yeah! Tits!

Lets start a mutt page again@

That is friggin cool as all hell! Look out!

Comment

Holy crap, Chuck, that thing just ooooozes cool! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Nice, Ok what are the parts?
        that thing looks like a shred machine! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

that thing looks great...most excellent job Chuck!!
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

That's totally badass, Chuck. Very cool.

I hear GMP was working on a similar finish, only in sparkle. Unfortunately, we all know what happened...

Comment

VERY good to see Chuckeroo getting back into guitars again. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Yes, we need details... who made the body, who made the neck, what models are the EMGs, what is the nut width, and what strap buttons are those? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Looking good man! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Welcome to the dark side of EMGs, Chuck! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool, Chuck! But say it isn't so about the EMGs! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Way cool Chuck!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks great to me!
                        Congrats Chuck!
                        [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That is bad ass...just needs chrome accessories. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

we're both back in the game chuckles, this could be a big mistake on our parts don't ya think? we're coming back for more abuse and heartbreak. we need to talk about this.-lol
                            it's cool, you can knock into all kinds of walls and it will be fine.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The story behind this guitar is kinda cool, too.

TheUntalentedOne (Mark N.)was buying guitars and having them sent to me, and I was handleing the overseas shipments for him (after playing them for a few weeks first, natch). He bought this one for parts, and had me hang onto it while he decided what to do with it. It was in sad shape, indeed, but had good hardware.
                              Six months or more goes by and I ask him what he wants me to do with these parts in my closet. He says hang onto them...
                              So I get bored and figure, what the hey, I'll see if anything here is worth a dime. The guitar was bolted together, but nothing was set-up or wired, the wiring was messed up big time, the Floyd was a grungy, rusty mess, etc.
                              So I completely rebuilt the Floyd (no cracked blocks!!), cleaned, de-gunked and oiled the neck, polished the frets, and started sanding on the body, to the point you see here. There was this horrible green-ish krylon job over what appears to be a decent blue paintjob, complete with primer.
                              Long story short, I asked Mark about it again and he said keep it. If it's cool, great. If not, sell it or whatever, he does not care. Cool!

I asked some JCF'ers for some small parts and tons of folks came thru...thanks!

The neck is a Fender "Medallion" neck...1 5/8" nut, 2 1/8" heel, 21 small frets...I should hate it, but it's so broken in I can fly on it. It's tiny!
                              The body is Warmoth, Swamp Ash. There is a pretty good gap at the neck pocket cause Warmoth pockets are 2 3/16", but...screw it...it fits the character of the guitar perfectly.
                              Pickups are EMGs, an 81 at the bridge, and an H (?) in the neck. I'm liking them for this guitar, too!
                              Old wood screw floyd...my favorite. Long block, too. Schaller tiners, Allparts strap buttons...

The sum is most definately more than the parts!

And yes, Tommy, everybody should be very scared...I know I am!

Comment

Working...
                              X