No announcement yet.

some pretty neat lookin kit guitars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: some pretty neat lookin kit guitars....

Those look damn nice. Call me a wanker, but I'd still save up $200 more and get me a nice Warmoth off of the showcase. and gradually buy hardware for it.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'm VERY tempted to buy one of these and get my luthier buddy to put it together for me... damn you Toru and imposing your PRS-GAS on me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Will do extensive research over the next few days. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (Seems like we always wait for one JCFer to take the first plunge before the rest of us start diving in. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I had a huge PRS GAS but I was able to get rid of it but you weren't.

I am thinking of getting the Edwards Sykes in near future.
      Whatcha TINK?

Comment

You got rid of it? Either you thought PRSs look like crap or you actually BOUGHT a PRS and haven't told us yet! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hmmm... TINK... I "tink" I saw your chatroom name as "tinkywinkyjacksonman" one time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] What was THAT about? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Buying an Edwards would have been a STEAL if you still lived in Japan! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I want to move to that country JUST for the friggin' awesome guitars! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          i'm not a prs fan either, but considering the kit world is sparse for anything other than the saga crap, i thought it merited posting. not to mention, for what you're getting, that's a screamin' deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm considering a Saga LP kit, are they crap? The LP kit clearly looks like the coolest kit, not too excited about the Strat and Tele kit.
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I am thinking of getting the Edwards Sykes in near future.
            Whatcha TINK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I say go for it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It is a great guitar for the money.The only thing that they skimped on are the inlays.But other than that I can not find a thing that I do not like about this guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The neck is the 60s slim taper not the baseball bat neck.Very easy to go from playing it back to my Jacksons.
            Mike
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              i'm not a prs fan either, but considering the kit world is sparse for anything other than the saga crap, i thought it merited posting. not to mention, for what you're getting, that's a screamin' deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
              I hear ya...def nicer than Saga's PRS knockoff.

Comment

Thanks for posting this man, looks interesting. Maybe a great summer project.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm considering a Saga LP kit, are they crap? The LP kit clearly looks like the coolest kit, not too excited about the Strat and Tele kit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought the same thing until i looked a little further into the lp kit. it's basswood with a mahogany veneer, and the body shape is off a little (the cutaway). that turned me off to it.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I buy tons of stuff from grizzly for work, I've thought about giving one of their floyd copies a try
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i thought the same thing until i looked a little further into the lp kit. it's basswood with a mahogany veneer, and the body shape is off a little (the cutaway). that turned me off to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I guess they're not really top notch kits maybe... I found a link http://www.guitarattack.com/mattocaster/sagakit.htm where they build the strat and tele kit... and the part about the neck and fingerboard doesn't really attract me.

But since it's a reasonably priced kit I'm thinking a little about getting one anyway. It might be a good starter for a guy like me that has no experience building from scratch, but wants to start somewhere? Are there other kits (apart from the Grizzly ones) that you could recommend Sully?

Anders
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

check out universaljems.com; brian (the guy who runs the site) inspects each kit to ensure that it's decent stuff. he's a good dude, and runs projectguitar.com
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                        X