American Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Fenders

Hey guys, just wondering peoples opinions of MIJ Fenders vs MIA Fenders, how do they compare to each other? Would it be cheaper to just buy an MIJ and upgrade? Thanks Guys [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: American Fenders

I don't know why exactly, but I kept my Japanese Fenders and got rid of my US ones (I only kept an Aluminium Standard). I never bothered upgrading anything HW related.. the pups sounded always ok to me. I think their build quality is equal (if not higher) then the US ones. But again, that's my personal opinion. Prices of MIJ have gone up in recent years BTW.

Comment

I loved my American Strat, played a few MIJ ones and they were Ok too, just not "quite" the same quality to me. I had to sell mine due to a finacial prob, but I miss it.

Comment

1989 thru about 1992 MIJ Strats have necks that rival anything built in the States. Replace the pots, selector switch, pickups and you'll have a jewel.
        "POOP"

Comment

I have two '57 American reissure strats and I love them both. I'll never get rid of them. They have Texas specials and one has a Fast Track 1 in the bridge (great pickup) The older Japan ones are pretty good and the newer ones don't feel as good to me. But, that's just my opinion. Believe it or not, some of the Mexi's are okay too. It's always tough to say because every guitar is different. And as for Fender, they are a bit inconsistant. I've played 3 or 4 of the same exact thing and they all feel different (and no, I don't mean string height or neck adjustment)

Comment

I have a 97 USA Fender M/M neck that I used on a strat project and I love the feel of that neck.

The MIJ or MIM strats are good values if you replace pickups and perhaps add a real Floyd.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
            X