Winter guitars and Jay turser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter guitars and Jay turser

Ok, doing my ebay browsing last night and just browsed through the electric section. Came across 2 brands that i've never heard of before, Winter Guitars and Jay turser. Nice looking guitars but looks are decieving. Anyone ever played/owned one of these and how are they. I'm not looking to buy or anything, just looking to learn. Thanks in advance.....

and for those that have never been, here are the 2 websites:
    http://www.winterguitars.com/
    http://www.jayturser.com/

Re: Winter guitars and Jay turser

Jay Turser is more of a guitar like thing, than an actual guitar..............

Comment

Jay Turser is fairly known for their entry level asian instruments with fair quality of wood an HW, and they offer a wide variaty of finishes (some models even have a tree-of-life inlay)..
      Winter Guitars I never heard of until now, but looks to me on the same level of a Jim Reed.

Comment

I can't speak on Winter, but I have owned a Jay Turser LP copy. For the money it was a great guitar. Not Gibson quality, but better than any of the Epi's I played.

Comment

Someone mentioned the words "Winter" and "endorsement" to me in a recent conversation, so I went to the site for a closer look. Am I the only person who thinks they look liked rebadged Raven guitars, the brand that was showing up all over on eBay a couple years back? Raven more or less vanished, but I keep seeing "new" brands using the same headstock and almost identical finishes and body styles.

I suspect that Winter is just another Asian-made line, distributed by an American company trying to create the impression of being "Made in the USA".
          sigpic

Comment

Turser guitars are okay for the money. I spent about $225 or so a couple of years back to get one of those LP Vine copies. I left it stock and sold it a year later (broke even) and it was a decent entry level. Could probably stand to have the pickups upgraded but all in all..... Also, I really wouldn't want to cut one in half and see all the chambers/types of wood in it but decent enough to play for a whole year free.
            Here's a shot of the one I had.

Comment

Working...
            X