Something looked familiar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something looked familiar.

I was in a local guitar shop and a fender custom shop strat really caught my eye. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I wasn't really sure what it was about it, but I've figured it out. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

It was almost exactly a USA jackson SL (1 or 2H) except for the strat headstock, strat-style tremelo, and three single coils (no pickguard) and of course dots instead of sharkfins

This type of post may have been discussed already, but I haven't been around here much lately and haven't seen too many new guitars lately either, but since the Fender/Jackson merger, I can see very clearly that the fender custom shop has learned quite a few things from J/C.

That freakin guitar was exactly!!! like a SL model USA Jackson.
    I just couldn't beleive my eyes.
    I also couldn't beleive the price tag. about 3200 bucks. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

why why why why why why why why
    nand

Re: Something looked familiar.

Sounds like it was more like a Fender Strat without a pickguard than a Jackson..Unless it was neckthrough?!

Comment

Sounds like a showmaster.

Comment

Not even a Showmaster is $3200.00 though! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        Sounds like some weird custom shop thingy.

Comment

It was a custom shop. The neck thru area (yes, neck thru ) looked EXACTLY like my SL2H.

Comment

Working...
          X