Wanna buy a cheap Gibson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanna buy a cheap Gibson?

What do a bunch of Chinese-built cheapies have to do with whether the Gibson Nashville operation turns out good guitars? Do the India-made Jacksons have any impact on whether you would buy a USA Jackson?

To me, if there was any 'mystique' in their name, Gibson already killed it with the crapass 'faded' guitars that had shitty electronics and basically unfinished frets. And those were released under the Gibson name. Gibson has been living off of their past glory for a long time now, where "innovation" consists solely of how accurately they can replicate some great guitar from their past.

Comment

Y'know, Daisy Rock could actually be the one to take down First Act if they put them in Wal-Mart and such.
      Thinka bout it - women do the majority of the shopping for a household, and that includes dragging the kids around, and that includes "Mommy I want..."

The sheer convenience of being able to buy a girl a guitar in a well-known major store as opposed to the music store halfway across town would not only get the product in the sights of the intended victim, but also eliminate the parent's excuse of not having enough time to take Jenny to the music store halfway across town to let her pick out a guitar so she can be like Advil Lavigne.

Put "Barbie" on it and it's a guranteed sale. Who cares if they actually play them? They BUY them. Companies make money from BUYERS, not PLAYERS.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I assume these will be nothing like the Squier Strat Paks, Stuka. In the article, it says a price range of $50 to $200. These are like the prices of those cheapo guitars they sell at Radio Shack, or Best Buy, or Toys R Us. I've never seen a Squier Pak (which is actually quite a legitimate starter pack, my brother still has his P-Bass Pak from when he started playing 4 years ago) at anything except a real musical instruments shop here. Last time I checked, a Squier Pak costs at least three hundred something dollars Canadian.

I like floods of cheap instruments... they're fun to scoff at and they make my own guitars look like absolute gold. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          China indeed. In 5 years all budget guitars will be made in China.

[/ QUOTE ] Sadly the chinese quality on so many things now imported has risen. Actuslly sll importd be it Indian China Taiwan etc... are far better and so much cheaper landed for a manufacturer it is sick. What is sad about it is the relative bad conditions these factory workers have... Actually the factories are nice and genrally provide free meals for all workers. The factories are state of the art clean etc... the shame comes in the fact that the people really have no other job options and can't escape poverty
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What do a bunch of Chinese-built cheapies have to do with whether the Gibson Nashville operation turns out good guitars? Do the India-made Jacksons have any impact on whether you would buy a USA Jackson?

To me, if there was any 'mystique' in their name, Gibson already killed it with the crapass 'faded' guitars that had shitty electronics and basically unfinished frets. And those were released under the Gibson name. Gibson has been living off of their past glory for a long time now, where "innovation" consists solely of how accurately they can replicate some great guitar from their past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with that last sentence!
            But what I'm saying is there's a stigma associated with Gibson's own quality, Epiphone, the Ill-fated Kramer line (which now looks like it will probably be extinct by early next year). What I am getting at, is this will be another bad marketing blunder by Gibson, such as the latter Norlin years, when they were pumping out real garbage, and it almost sunk them totally.

Good point too Newc, about the Daisy Rock guitars going thru WallyWorld.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Y'know, Daisy Rock could actually be the one to take down First Act if they put them in Wal-Mart and such.
              Thinka bout it - women do the majority of the shopping for a household, and that includes dragging the kids around, and that includes "Mommy I want..."

[/ QUOTE ]
              Oh yeah. First Act guitars are only doing so well because of the attention they get. Who in the hell stumbles across a Jackson when they're shopping for clothes? It's a necessity to go to department stores, not guitar stores. That's also gotta be why First Act is getting endorsers. They now have enough money to hire assasins and bribe the federal government out of prosecution, and now have media connections to fuckify the guitarists' names should they try to make a fuss about "Edorse us, or else"...

Or maybe they just paid them for endorsment.

Comment

Warriorx7,

Where are you gettin the information regarding the Kramer line. From what I have heard they are going to start making Kramer's in Nashville. They have already reissued the Kramer sambora, and already have prototypes for the original Baretta and Nightswans that will be released late this year and early next year.
                Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I have to walk right by the First act guitars and basses at the local Walmart. they have been selling em for about three years or so. Oddly these things might actually improve companies like Jacksons sales. More kids should get into playing the guitar, They will soon be wanting something better, Most teenage guitarists think Jacksons are cool, maybe with a little peer pressure, they could wind up playing Jacksons, I like this scenario better than one where the Parents spend their 150 Walmart bound bucks on some video game.
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                  X