Epi Zakk Wyldes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epi Zakk Wyldes

Anybody ever try one of these out (bullseye, camo, or hacksaw)? For that matter, anybody try out the Gibson version?

Re: Epi Zakk Wyldes

Buzzsaw...

I have a Epi bullseye, probably the guitar I use most, absolutely awesome.
    Sounds good even with the stock EMG HZ pups.
    Worth every cent IMO.

Only thing is the volume/tone controls are usual Epiphone quality, they tend to make some noise once in a while.

Comment

I had one EPI Bull -already sold it-, if I remember correctly it had some light clearcoat on the back of the neck (raw wood on the Gibson) and the body dimensions were slightly different. The stock EMG's (passive) were ok.

But I [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] the Epi headstock.. still..

Comment

I just got one, the original cream bullseye.

I'm amazed at the build quality. It just looks and feels high end, not like a cheap import. The gold hardware is very classy looking, and even the inlays don't look like cheesy plastic (even if they probably are).

The neck is the best part. Very substantial feeling, and the unfinished maple (well, it's sealed with a satin something) is insanely smooth. Wonderful to play.

I haven't even had an opportunity to play mine through my Marshall, so I can't comment on the pups.

Bottom line: it's a killer guitar for the money. I can't tell you how many "Wow, that's cool looking" comments I've had.

Comment

BTW, I also tried a Tokai Bull -maybe even better then the Epi-, I believe there are some threads about these here somewhere.

Comment

I've got the Epi Bullseye, and I agree with the others here, great guitar.

By the way, chrisguitars.com has about 3 of these (factory 2nds, but you can't see the blem, which it seems most all of them are) for $629 which is the lowest I've seen.

Comment

I have one, it's a great guitar, but I'm thinning the herd. I posted it for sale in the Classifieds.

Comment

They are nice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I've got the Epi Bullseye, and I agree with the others here, great guitar.

By the way, chrisguitars.com has about 3 of these (factory 2nds, but you can't see the blem, which it seems most all of them are) for $629 which is the lowest I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great price (I think most mail order places are asking around 800 for them) Thanks for the info! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X