Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone like maple BCRs

cool beans
    tho the wave looks more like mahogany than Koa. & its nice to see they actually used one piece of rosewood for the headstock veneer ive seen more than a few newer ones that the veneer was book matched 2 pieces. pisses me off that BCR hasnt made guitars the same since 89.

the switches are easy series/ parallel for the pickups & an out of phase for both pickups. also the preamp on off.

Comment

Chris: That is Made in Korea to US specs.

Comment

thats what I figured because it was a run of 100. Kinda like the jackson sig models, imports but made with USA type mods.

Comment

although I always loved the look of the "Mockingbird" body, I never found one with a neck I liked. they always felt huge and anything but "shredable" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Well, I love 'em! I've had a number that were solid maple and most were not very heavy at all, compared to most vintage Rich's anyway. I have an eagle supreme with birdseye maple wings and maple neck that is a little heavy, but not bad. Eagles have a lot of mass in general. I think Jamie is right - the wave wings look like mahogany. That guitar has been around the block a few times. Waves are cool.

Scott
            Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              although I always loved the look of the "Mockingbird" body, I never found one with a neck I liked. they always felt huge and anything but "shredable" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? My Mock's neck is smaller than the Model 6 beside it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                What? My Mock's neck is smaller than the Model 6 beside it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Actually Julian... From what I experienced so far 90s BC Richs have slinkier necks but bulkier bodies compared to late 70s and 80s BCRs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Actually Julian... From what I experienced so far 90s BC Richs have slinkier necks but bulkier bodies compared to late 70s and 80s BCRs.

[/ QUOTE ]

By slinkier, you mean smaller, correct? Well that's what I said. I can only compare the '96 Mock to say (as I don't have a vintage Mock)...my Seagull and say that the Mock is tiny in comparison [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah, I agree that the Wave doesn't look like Koa. It's a bit too dark from the pics. I'm just going on what the previous owner(s) have said. We'll see when it arrives. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      By slinkier, you mean smaller, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yup. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Jamie, those are killer, especially the Eagle! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] BTW, When did they stop making those short-horn Mockingbirds? I like them better than the longer ones.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Short-horn were made in 78-early 79. I never liked them but all Riches in 70's -about 83 were handmade so they are all different from one another.

Comment

they actually existed for longer than most people think. i believe they are in the 76/77 catalog around 80 is when they stopped but there are ones from the early 80's out there. the latest one ive seen was 82/83 but thats pretty rare.
                            i cant wait to do the eagle up I just got a patent pending BL 500L, hopefully i can find another 500R & get those EMGs out of there soon. 81's in maple yuck & plus i always liked the 85 so its way too bright for me.

Comment

I have an original L-500R in box, but I won't sell it to you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Let's stick with the theme...

Comment

Working...
                                X