U.S.A. Squires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U.S.A. Squires??

Southern Guitars is only a block from where I work. They sale mostly high end guitars. They do keep very very low end stuff for first timers. Not many Jacksons or Charvels mostly Fender and a few Gibsons then just some noname kind of stuff.

Comment

I have had several of these from 82-83 and they are very hard to find.High quality pieces for sure.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've got my eye on that one on eBay. If it doesn't sell for 300$, I'm going to try and talk him down, I want it.

Comment

Yes they made USA Squire strats. They were very short lived and '89 sounds about right on the year IIRC. They aren't super common, but they are far from rare.

Another interesting Fender thing is the late '92 (IIRC) Mex standard guitars. In '92 the Mex factory burned to the ground. It took Fender a few months to build a new factory and get it up and running. In the meantime Fender built Mex Standards in Corona. You can tell these US Mex Stds. by the headstock decal. Where the decal would normally say "Made In Mexico" there was nothing. They used the same Ping hardware as the MIM ones, but the assembly, finishing, and setup were done in Corona right next to the American Standards. Also, not everyone relizes this, but up until a few years ago, all Mex Fenders had bodies and necks that were cut in the Corona plant and they shipped to Mex for finishing and assembly into guitars.

Comment

Captain Fender strikes again! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X