My Ken Lawrence Explorer has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Ken Lawrence Explorer has arrived

The inlay is called a petroglyph scene and the title is "hunting the beast". I picked this explorer for a very good price from my friend from the ESP board I saved about a little more than 3 grand and this was the only one with a body made from a single piece of solid mahogony. Ken makes mostly basses but I think he makes as many explorers as someone orders that he can make in a year all by himself. I will eventually order one made to my specs I mean this is really where its at.

I think its wierd the way they all ended up on Ebay this year I noticed the ones that are close to James' specs sell right away but the ones that were made to someone elses specs have a harder time selling. So far I have seen 4 of these on Ebay in the last 5 years and 3 were this year including mine.

Comment

I was wondering who scored Sean's guitar. These guitars(and Brian's collection) are all they talk about on the ESP Forum. Prices have definately dropped, it seems like they are having problem selling these in the 3k range. A year or 2 ago a couple were put up on the bay and sold for 5K+ in hours. People were willing to pay top dollar, just not to wait(like they do today for Thorn, Drikill, and a few other. I think you can actually make money on a brand new one)
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

that thing looks sweet.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          What's that thing inlaid on the fret board? Looks like a rhinocerous with human legs. Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Just like that Metallica song... Of Rhino and Man. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

... There is a guy in Quebec that is selling one at 1450 CAD.

Look :
            http://www.lespac.com/search/detail.php?...offre=t&etatb=t

He says : Handmade, maple neck, mahogany body, gibson hardware (?), EMGs, straplocks + hardshell case included.

Comment

That's not a real one.

Warmoth or other.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

You can tell by the heavy gloss and the bolt on neck its junk. I noticed its hard just selling a guitar more than 2500 dollars in the last 6 months there were even some strathead Charvels that went for less than normal.

Comment

how so. Im not a Ken Lawrence Expert.

Comment

You don't have to be to see that is not a $6500+ custom guitar built with upmost attention to detail...
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I love those Lawrence Explorers, the headstock slays!!

Comment

Look at the cheesy paintjob dot inlays bolt on neck at least it looks like they got the outer shape of the headstock right. Shamray couldnt even do that.

Comment

That's a gorgeous piece of art. The real one, I mean.

Very cool guitar. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                          X