Cheapest painted body (in Europe) for decent quali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest painted body (in Europe) for decent quali

If the model 1a project doesn't work out, the other solution for me would be to get a black strat body, Ash or Alder, top routed for a standard trem with a proper swimming pool route and Fender neck pocket. It'd be more expensive and take me more time to complete the project but then I'd be able to get an even nicer neck too for instance. So I was wondering, what do you think the best place is for these things, in Europe? Right now I have a budget for 200 euros, but if it's cheaper it's way better of course as I'd like to keep money for 2 pickups and a pickguard this summer (I'll be receiving more money but I don't know when or how much yet).
    Thanks for any help you guys may have.

Re: Cheapest painted body (in Europe) for decent quali

Buy it from the American eBay, for 200 euros you could get a $200 body and the currency difference would cover overseas shipping costs.

Comment

no swimmingpoul route but www.rockinger.de sells nice strat bodies painted for eur 205,00 with Ebay you still would have to pay taxes
      or you could do what I did, buy a Richwood strat voor eur 149 (I changed the neck on mine because I could get a scalloped all parts one for cheap and I did change the bridge for a gold one but the original neck did have a nice flame in the finger board and was nice beefy.
      before the changes
      http://www.pixum.nl/members/freddons/?ac...306d5482ae94f93
      after
      http://www.pixum.nl/members/freddons/?ac...5478c8312294a5c

Comment

by the way the wood on the richwood body is alder

Comment

I didn't have to pay taxes for the bodies and necks I bought from America at eBay. I only had to pay for guitars.

Comment

That might have been due to the fact that (I assume) the bodies and necks were valued considerably less than the guitar, or that they weren't insured so no value was given for customs assessment?
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks! That's a good idea about Richwood. I'd tend to be sceptical about something cheaper than a Squier though! But if it's real Alder, for that price, it'd make a nice beat up or project. I should have thought of it earlier haha! Thanks for the tips mij vriend!

Comment

Do you know where to get Richwoods? (sorry I can't edit the previous post anymore)
                I don't think the difference would be enough also for shipping to Europe. It'd probably be about 100 dollars anyway.

Comment

www.backandforth.nl is the cheapest in Holland (although occasionally you can find them cheaper in certain stores,but the difference is only a few euros)

Comment

Where do you live in Holland? Anywhere close to Amsterdam? I'm in Amstelveen myself. Maybe you know some of the shops I go to [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    What's the overall quality on these Richwoods?

Comment

Re: Cheapest painted body (in Europe) for decent q

[ QUOTE ]
                      What's the overall quality on these Richwoods?

[/ QUOTE ]

check HC
                      but then again, you're not expecting the same quality as a higher priced instrument I would think
                      Isn't SX cheaper? There's one big seller in Ebay Germany I believe..
                      oh well, they're probably all made in the same chines factory but branded under different names

Comment

I don't trust reviews. Loads of the Squier reviews just say 'That guitar is amazing! It gives me all the Metallica sound I want! The sound is so good!'... Barely ever anything about hardware quality and sharp edges hehe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'll go see what's there though, but I lost faith in reviews.
                        Yeah shame that SX don't sell in Europe. And if I do this it won't be for too soon anyway. But thanks for the idea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've read the reviews and noone knows for sure where they're from but they seem decent, especially for that price. I know what to buy if I ever want a cheap project [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks again!

Comment

I live in alkmaar but actually work in amstelveen

The Plug in amsterdam sell richwoods as well,
                          the quality of the richwood is excellent, a great beefy neck, medium frets, copy klusons tuners (look cheap but stay in tune well)alnico pups. the only thing I changed right away was the trem (which is the same vintage style trem all cheap strat copies have)for a diego deluxe from rockinger (vintage trem with floyd arm)

As I said, before I did change the neck on mine but only because I could get an all part scalloped neck cheap (at the String which is close to the Plug in amsterdam by the way)but the original neck was great as well. Please note that when you try out in the shops the action is quite high which normally suggests that the fretwork is bad but the richwoods I did a set up for only needed the bridge saddels lowered for a very low buzzfree action

Comment

If I were to get one, I'd sell the neck and hardware and change it anyway.
                            Where is the Plug? I usually go to DirkWitte, the Sound Shop in Amstelveen and I've been to Dijkman lately as well.
                            I hate how guitars are never set up in shops. I have 3 months here in Holland and no way to find a job or anything to do, I asked the shops if they'd let me come and set up the guitars for free haha! None let me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

the Plug is close to the Albert Cuyp market and the String is close by the albert Cuyp as well but in the other direction (Van der Helstplein)(both shops used to belong to the same owners but they had a falling out)
                              http://www.deplug.nl/
                              they sell the strats for eur 159

Comment

Working...
                              X