No announcement yet.

So I bought A Parker guitar recently...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I bought A Parker guitar recently...

...andI must say, it has become my favorite guitar as of late, it really has a 70's/80's Fender/Charvel/Jackson Strat typ feel on the neck, and is fast as hell, too...the piezo is the best thing since sliced bread! And the humbuckers are great, not too hot, yet it's crisp, articulate, pristine under clean channels, and an uncanny roaring clarity when driven to the dirtiest! I love it!

Oh, it's a P-44 that I found in a pawn shop marked $499, then they wanted $399, and I talked them into $350 (only drawbacks were no case, tremolo bar, or stereo cable like the new ones with piezos come with). It was the EXACT Parker I had wanted and considered buying new in a retail store for $800 a few months back, right down to the finish!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: So I bought A Parker guitar recently...

I already was on the virge of buying one myself a few times.. I think they are great guitars, but still have to prove it to myself.
    Nice score!

Comment

Nice score, bro. I played one of those once in a GC and was floored at how easily it played.

Comment

I just sold my Parker fly last week. The thing played great and the piezo was kool. Just wanted to get something else.

I'm sure that is another one I'll regret selling............

Comment

Cool guitar. I just sold a Parker trem arm and stereo cable on ebay about 2 weeks ago...bummer, I could have hooked you up.

Comment

Parker Fly.... one of my dream guitars I still need to get.
            We used to carry those in the shop, but man they were not cheap.
            I used to run it in stereo through a pair of Roland Jazz Chorus 80's. It was like butter. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            -Rick

Comment

Alot of guitarists swear by them, even in the face of stuff like a USA Jackson. Daniel Gildenlow said on one of the Pain of Salvation chats one time that he has a pretty decent guitar collection but if he could only keep one it would be the Parker cause in every way it beats all the others. Hard to believe, but then I have never played one. And he's not the first noted player I have heard that had such ringing endorsements for Parker. Whatever the reality I don't think there is much doubt that they are fantastic guitars. Nice score.

Comment

yeah, this may not be a Fly but i think it's still a quality guitar, i think that Parker's quality Assurance department must be one of the best there is, even these Korean models are fantastic, their electronics are top-notch, and this one actually has a fatter tone than the American models I have played (more wood, less composites?), yet still crisp and clear tone, and flat out ROCKS...I should have posted this sooner, Rupe, I bought it just about 2 weeks ago [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] and maybe could have got in touch with ya and taken those parts off your hands...

Comment

I believe the kudos, but I somehow still cant get past the headstock. The guitar just isnt visually stunning in my opinion. But if it plays and sounds as good as most people say, I guess most guitarists serious about their art would sacrifice cosmetics for functionality... I know I would.
                  I do like the finish though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  www.myspace.com/madeaband
                  www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

I played with a guy who swear by 'em. The graphic neck makes NE winters/seasons a joke. Seemed to be very well made. Personally, I did not like the "feel" but I am a oiled neck guy these days. Also, I just could not stand the look or the tone he got out of it for metal (probably rocks for jazz etc. but thats not what we were playing - I made him use a LP or RR instead LOL!).
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                    X