Dean Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Guitars

I'm looking for a new guitar and before I got my 1st and only guitar ... a Jackson JS30RR ... I always wanted Dime's guitar with the confederate flag, now I don't really want to be like the guy who plays Deans because Dime passed and that kind of thing. Anyhow, I was looking at the flying V especially and I'd like to know how good or bad Dean guitars are in genreal, and if you could compare them to a Jackson series in particular I'd appreciate ... usa, pro and whatnot ...

Re: Dean Guitars

I've been GASing for an Explorer lately and the Dean version seems to crap all over the Gibson's feature wise (neck binding, ebony board, killer tops). Never got to try one though as there dont' seem to be any Dean dealers near me. I was very very close to bidding on this one on ebay though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I've been GASing for an Explorer lately and the Dean version seems to crap all over the Gibson's feature wise (neck binding, ebony board, killer tops). Never got to try one though as there dont' seem to be any Dean dealers near me. I was very very close to bidding on this one on ebay though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking for the fying v ... I'm looking for the one Randy Rhoads used to play. The ML series is bad-ass but it's Dime's series from now one

Comment

Virtually all Deans are pretty kick ass...import, USA high end, USA "low" end.

The 79 series guitars are Korean made and absolutely amazing. I had three of them...and only sold them to fund my GMP obsession. I still have my USA made Time Capsule series V. It's awesome.

The discontinued Select Series might be even cooler, as they have block inlays and matching headstocks. You can still find them on ebay and in some stores.

There are a lot of great dealers to be found on the Dean forum, especially Bass and Treble music. They give you great deals, and are super easy to work with. Look them up.

Comment

right now I have a Rhoads and before I got it I heard people complaining that you can't play it sat down. It turned out that I loved it while playings sit, so are Dean Vs pretty much the same ?

Comment

Dean's are killer guitars and their forum unlike ESP is pretty kickass. They seem to really care what their players think. I have one of the imports and I played one of the USA Hardtails. The import is an acoustic and its a gorgeous guitar and it plays really well, the setup was pretty bad out of the box but that was easily remedied and may have been the dealer I got it from. The USA Hardtail I played was absolutely awesome. I couldn't put it down. Super smooth guitar and it looks amazing. They aren't terribly expensive for the quality either.

Comment

there is a V79 Braziliaburst that looks killer

http://www.8thstreet.com/images/dean.V79.jpg

Comment

This may sound stupid, but I've heard that Dean's have that 57 Strat like hard V neck profile. Is that true?
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

great guitars if you have 4000.00 to spend on a usa

Comment

USA deans aren't that much or they weren't. The USA Hardtail I played was 2200 or 2400. Can't remember exactly. This was 3 or 4 years back though so maybe things have changed.

Comment

You can get Hardtails on ebay for less than $1500 now. Time Capsule Vs, Zs, and MLs for around the same.

There's a USA made series (called Professional Series, I think) that can be be bought new for less than 1000.

The imports can go anywhere from less than 300 bucks to 700 bucks.

The pricey Deans are the exotic wood stuff, and the limited run Tribute models, like the Dean from Hell or the Schenker.

And Jim777...the pronounced V neck profile is only on the Time Capsule series and some vintage stuff.

Comment

Yea the limited run Hardtail's are pricey. But the regular USA hardtail (which is by no means lacking in the looks department) is 1500-2500. And to be honest there isn't alot of difference between the Limited Run Hardtail's and the regular USA hardtails from what I hear. Basically its like custom shop vs USA select with jacksons. Just that you don't get to build the custom shop in the case of the Dean.

Comment

I >LOVE< My Hardtail Select. Paid under 600 for it too.

Comment

Hardtail selects are the high end imports right? I played an..EVO Select? The lespauly looking thing. Sweet import though.

Comment

the NEWER USAs dont have the V neck at least not the ones i played. mannys in NYC has a V,ML,Z & caddy. i played them all but the caddy. much lighter than i expected, compared to the old ones. to me the USAs are very much like BCRich USAs nice but not the same as the originals. i would love to check out a TC maybe its more like the old ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X