Dean Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dean Guitars

I am not convinced on Dean yet. They are one of the few guitars I have not played so I personally don't have any experience playing one.

I checked out their forum and the insights are better here on the Jackson forum IMO.

Most of their models don't have origial Floyd Roses unless you order a custom. They are neck through and I prefer bolt on guitars. Appears from the specs that the necks are all mahogany with rosewood fingerboards and painted at that.

I have seen guys play them and I much prefer the tone of my Jackson PC1 over anything I have heard.

That said maybe they can build a hell of a custom. Michael Angelo plays a real nice looking guitar on his Speed Kills DVD - the new one has a "Revisited" section. Looks like some sort of hardtail arch top and it is stunning. Does not look like a Dean headstock though but it may be one of their bass headstocks upside down because that is what it looks like.

I have heard they are great with customers also which is a huge plus in their favor.

I don't know. Jackson is about as good as you can get in tone and playability. Perhaps Dean can make something as good. I would have to go down there and try out their top of the line Vendettas or get something custom I think.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

does anyone know the differene between a V79 and a Black Gold V ?

Comment

The Dean omports I played (custom 450 and a lot of Vs and MLs) didn't do it for me. Didn't like the overal feel and sound..

however, I am gassing for a Vendetta XM.. if it's just as cheap as the evo XM I'll get one to mess around with and have fun with..
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

From what I understand, the Black Gold is essentially an upgraded 79. It's imported, but it has the transblack flame finish (instead of solid colors or bursts), block inlays (instead of dots), a special "Black Gold" inlay at the 12th fret, multiply binding around body and headstock, gold hardware (including gold covered pups), and a transblack flame headstock (instead of solid black).

It's very sharp looking, from all the pics I've seen.

Comment

I would love a Black Gold V but that headstock... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

the more I look at the Black Gold the more I want it ... I could get it for 625 with a deluxe hard case or 525 alone ... and it's true that they offer great servive, I asked them 5 or 6 questions and I got immediate answers

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                the more I look at the Black Gold the more I want it ... I could get it for 625 with a deluxe hard case or 525 alone ... and it's true that they offer great servive, I asked them 5 or 6 questions and I got immediate answers

[/ QUOTE ]
                That guitar is f'n gorgeous! That's 625 with a hard case?! I need to check one of those out, that's awesome.

jim
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                X