Ibanez Wizard Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Wizard Neck

I'm wondering if there are any particular models of Jackson or Charvels that have a neck comparable to the original Ibanez Wizard, found on RGs. I have an older RG 760, and with small hands, love this neck (I know some people aren't too keen on how thin it is, but to each their own)

Any ideas?

Re: Ibanez Wizard Neck

DK2.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I'm with you on loving the thin necks of old RGs.

SL4s have pretty thin necks. My former Archtop Soloist Professional did, too.

I've heard that the Dinky Reverse (the one with direct-mount pickups and dot inlays) had one of Jackson's thinnest necks. And King Vs are supposed to have "Speed Necks," which are, I believe, thinner. I've also heard that the old Jackson Fusions had thin necks.

Whichever neck you have, you can make it feel faster by scuffing the gloss off with some 600 grit sandpaper. Good luck, and let us know what you find out. I'm always on the lookout for a Jackson with an ultra-thin, speedy neck.

Comment

both of my soloists were ordered with custom neck sizes. one i think is a speed neck, the other feels like the SD flatspot profile.

Comment

Can you describe your speed neck in comparison to the Wizard or Super Wizard neck of an older RG 5xx (e.g., RG 550)? I love Jacksons, but I also love the RG Super Wizard neck, and I'd love to find a Jackson with a comparably thin neck.

Comment

nah, the DK2 is way too beefy.

The only one I can think of offhand that compares is that of the old JTX.

I had one for a while, its not that good of a guitar though.

Comment

the Fusions had very very thin necks

my fusion deluxs' neck is really thin, but it's a better neck profile than the wizards block.
                You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

The USA Fusions and Fusion Pro model (the ones with ebony boards and sharkies) had very thin necks, but all of the other various import Jackson and Charvel Fusions I've played had a more typical Soloist-like fatter neck. Don't forget the Stealth--those also had very thin necks, even the cheaper models.

Comment

Thanks for all your help! I was approached about selling my RG 760, but don't know if I want to part with it (I've had it for 12 years, plus, the kid's offer is a little low). Was thinking if I did let it go, I would venture into the Jackson/Charvel market (probably used, and on the lower end, price wise), but only if there was one with a comparable neck.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I've heard that the Dinky Reverse (the one with direct-mount pickups and dot inlays) had one of Jackson's thinnest necks.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were very thin. Too thin for my preferences that's for sure. My hand used to cramp up really badly when I played mine.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

my fusion pros have very thin necks, My Charvel fusion is slightly fatter (as mentioned above) The KV1 I had also had a very thin neck very close to the fusion
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Dinky Reverse Pro's are definitely on par with Wizards.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Dinky Reverse Pro's are definitely on par with Wizards.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Close. I still think the Reverse Pro necks were just a tiny bit thicker than the Wizards, which is better, IMO.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X