Pulled the trigger on a Edwards Sykes LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pulled the trigger on a Edwards Sykes LP

There should be no customs fees or taxes.I have bought plently of CDs and tab books for Japan and never paid anything.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      There should be no customs fees or taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]
      That will awesome! I really hope there won't be any extra charges!

Comment

That's most likely because the CD's and Tabbooks did not amount to a certain sum, or were conceived as void of VAT obligations (as bearers of cultural good).
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

hmmm, i had a set of super-rare wheels for my car imported from Japan, and if i remember, the duties were around 95 bucks. they were shipping in two large computer boxes i think. so, shouldn't be much more righ?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            hmmm, i had a set of super-rare wheels for my car imported from Japan, and if i remember, the duties were around 95 bucks. they were shipping in two large computer boxes i think. so, shouldn't be much more righ?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Hopefully not... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I have bought some prety damn expensive tab books $200.00 + and never paid a thing on them.They were always shipped by the USPS.Maybe if shipped by Fed Ex or UPS they hit for taxes and such like they do everyone else.
              Mike
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

It's also the size. Tab books should come in relatively small packages. A guitar is more likely to stick out.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Pearloid/plastic on most, if not all, of the ones I've seen so far. Here are some inlay shots:

[/ QUOTE ]
                  By the way Gonzo, where did you get the "Les Paul Custom" TR cover? The ones I was able to find were all 2 screw Gibson type. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, it is here. I shall go and get it from the mail center.

Comment

In my experience, the mail delivery man makes me pay duties or whatever extra charges when it comes to large parcels from foreign countries, even USA. Things like CDs, books, and little things that fit in a bubble envelope generally "slip past" undetected and are dropped off in my mailbox. Guitars and amps, no chance... I gotta pay duties and stuff on them, except my Taylor which I bought off a fellow Canadian.

Duties for me for my LPC came to the amount of $45.67, but only because the seller stated a value of $375.00 and wrote a description of "Used electric guitar sent for repairs". A little risky, especially since it only came with the ESP gigbag and little protection, but the seller had a stellar export record so I just went with it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Gonzo doesn't know where the Les Paul Custom truss rod cover came from. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] But the guy I bought the guitar from had this truss rod cover made for him and just came with the guitar. I think he just took an Edwards truss rod cover and had it custom-engraved. It's very classy-looking but still distinctly Edwards-shaped so as not to confuse the Gibson guys. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He also included the stock blank one. Here's another pic:

Post pics when you get it! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I got it now, it is great! No custom fees either! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Review and pics coming soon!

Comment

congrats!!!
                          that guitar looks very cool.

what about the review???

just asking, because there is another one on ebay right now and i´m thinking about hitting the bin.
                          but still waiting for your review. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            congrats!!!
                            that guitar looks very cool.

what about the review???

just asking, because there is another one on ebay right now and i´m thinking about hitting the bin.
                            but still waiting for your review. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            It is from the seller that I bought it from, his name is Mike Rile. A very trustable and great guy. You can shoot him an e-mail and try to deal outside ebay if you want and he might be willing to cut you an even better deal. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I LOVE the guitar so far. I don't like Duncan Distortions so they gotta go, but acoustically it is a very loud and mid-rangy LP which I really like. It is a very solid and great sounding guitar. The things you should be aware of though:
                            - No binding over frets(there is binding, but it doesn't go over the frets like Gibsons do, if you know what I mean)

- Plastic inlays, the inlays are not real MOP.

- The ebony board is not the highest grade you can find. Mine is kind of porous and has a very little streak on the bass side. Nothing some ebony dust, epoxy and dye can't solve though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- The "chrome" pickups bezels and the switchplate are not chrome per se, but chrome-plated plastic.

- I am not sure if the paint is nitro, you might want to ask the seller, but I didn't care. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

With these points, I am in no way dissing this guitar. I just wanted to give you some honest tips that you can keep on the back of your mind when deciding. If you want a solid LPC that you will use to "play", that is IT. You are getting it almost for the 1/5 of the price of the real one too. The hardware is really solid, I might still opt for locking tuners but that is just because it saves me time when restringing multiple guitars. Same with the pickups, Duncan Distortions are great pickups, just not my style. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck deciding! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So, wirst du schon diese Gitarre kaufen? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nitro top coat finish. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Where are the damn pics, good sir? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Number Of The (Im)patient [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Nitro top coat finish. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Where are the damn pics, good sir? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Number Of The (Im)patient [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                                That is good to hear. I have lots of stuff to do these days so I didn't have time to take any good pics. I will post them in a week or so, in a new thread with a full review I think. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X