Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a look at this 29 fret shredder!

Recently bought this on a whim:

Washburn EC29 with the Stephens extended cutaway and a 29 fret neck. Sounds surprisingly good, has micro action, and comes with active electronics. 3 pot (with the knob missing) is an active boost. Anybody else have one of these?

whoops I did forget how to count *edited*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Re: Take a look at this 30 fret shredder!

Sweet, a buddy I know has one of those, too. Unless I forgot how to count, it looks like 29 frets, though.

Comment

Wow, I remember those! They came out in the late 80s when I was in high school. Cool, congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Thats nice! Bet it shreds like hell. How is the tone?
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

My buddy's sounded amazing, but he scrapped the original pickups for some Duncans. This is the real Stephens extended cutaway. It makes the joint on the Nuno model look like a joke.

Comment

I have an EC36, I yanked the original frets and redid it with 6105, the upper frets were scalloped and fretted diatonically so it is a little easier to play up there. I have a trembucker in it right now.

Comment

Wow... clean! I can see why you did the mods up there, unless I play SLOW I can't fret a thing up there. Not because I can't reach but, because the space in between the frets are so small!

Comment

Wow, Lex, that is an awesome mod!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I assume you play a lot in E minor... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I had an EC36 for awhile, but I sold it because I couldn't adjust to having my picking hand over the fretboard. I think the EC29 is better that way, since the fretboard doesn't extend down so far into the body. Also, the trem has non-standard spaced posts, so you can't drop an Original Floyd in there to replace the existing one, which I wasn't that thrilled with. Otherwise, though, I thought it was a great playing and sounding guitar.

Comment

I have 2 EC36s, and 2 EC29s. The pickups sound like ass. Totally. The bridges are a little dodgy too. Ive never tried the other guitars in the series, but they look cool too............

Comment

I had one just like that EC29! I can´t remember what pickup I put at the bridge, but it was a Duncan I had in the junk box... probably a JB or a Custom. Anyhow, it sounded pretty good after that, but I sold it on account of the less-than-great trem. But any way you slice it, it´s a cool and eyecatching guitar that usually sells for very little cash.

Comment

I am digging these. Especially that scalloped one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        But any way you slice it, it´s a cool and eyecatching guitar that usually sells for very little cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've spoke to a guy last week that bought a NOS EC29 for $1,600! If they're cosmetically beat (mine has like 8 chips) then they're affordable. There are guys standing in line to pay over $1K for one of these things in near mint/mint condion. Heck, the guy that paid $1,600 asked me to keep him in mind If I ever came across a 36 in excellent condition... he'd even pay more depending on the condition [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, my EC36 had a repaired headstock, which was how I could afford it. Robotech, that lava finish is definitely my favorite of the EC finishes. Mine was black with a bunch of random color swirls--looked like someone had been painting a canvas near the guitar and got a little carried away. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, the red is cool. I have one white with black crackle, and the other 3 are the multicolor crackle over black.............

Comment

The trems are less than wonderful, but mine works OK I guess. The main problem is when you play past the 27th fret, the tone goes to hell. The higher you go, the brighter and more piercing the tone gets. Good for attracting dogs I think. LOL

Hats off to Uli Roth and Helge Engelke who can play those extended fingerboards and still sound decent.

Comment

Working...
                              X