No announcement yet.

Take a look at this 29 fret shredder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Take a look at this 30 fret shredder!

$1600? Damn, EC29´s sell for only about $600-700 here. I think I got $750 for mine, and that one was in great condition. The market for them over here is very small.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Hats off to Uli Roth and Helge Engelke who can play those extended fingerboards and still sound decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed the same thing. I think part of the problem is that guitar electronics were not really designed to work with frequencies that high. Also, the strings don't resonate all that well when you fret them that close to the bridge.

Uli Roth's Sky Guitar has the advantage of having custom-designed electronics that cost several thousand dollars. Also, the higher range on the Sky Guitar has whole-tone intervals, which gives him more space to play up there and work his amazing finger vibrato--which also undoubtedly helps make his tone sound better

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        $1600? Damn, EC29´s sell for only about $600-700 here. I think I got $750 for mine, and that one was in great condition. The market for them over here is very small.

[/ QUOTE ]

$1,600 is unusual on this side of the Atlantic, as well. I think that guitar only sold for that amount because it was new/old stock--essentially a new guitar. Most ECs here sell for $500-600 if they show wear or about $700-800 if they are closer to mint condition. The market is kind of hard to gauge, because they don't come up for sale very often, and sometimes you'll get a couple of determined buyers that bid up the prices, where other times no one seems to be looking for them and you can snag 'em cheap.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I noticed the same thing. I think part of the problem is that guitar electronics were not really designed to work with frequencies that high. Also, the strings don't resonate all that well when you fret them that close to the bridge.

Uli Roth's Sky Guitar has the advantage of having custom-designed electronics that cost several thousand dollars. Also, the higher range on the Sky Guitar has whole-tone intervals, which gives him more space to play up there and work his amazing finger vibrato--which also undoubtedly helps make his tone sound better

[/ QUOTE ]

Helge's guitar looks to use regular passive electronics, and actually I like his upper fret tone better than Uli's.
          http://www.helges-world.de/seiten/guitars/ncc.html#
          http://www.helges-world.de/seiten/guitars/ncc2.html

Comment

Re: Now take a look at the original catalog

That headstock is so killer! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Thanks for those pages Peter! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
            X