fender mexican strats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender mexican strats

I dunno if I lucked out or what, but I have a white/maple fretboard mexican strat and in my collection and It continues to be one of my best playing, best sounding guitars. I put a JB bucker in the bridge, a dimarzio virtual vintage blues in the neck, lowered the middle pickup flat with the red tortoise shell pickguard, got graphite saddles for it, got rid of 1 tone knob, moved the volume knob out of the first spot (hit my hands too much)

even when this thing isnt set up correctly, it still smokes!
    also, thanks to a couple of JCFers here who hooked me up with the pickguard and saddles (saddles arent shown in the pic)

Re: fender mexican strats

shit,! the pic is huge

Comment

I'm with you. My mexican strat plays better than and sounds as good as the 3 USA strats I've played (limited amount, I know). I just got a chrome pickguard for mine and a Tone Zone for the bridge, but havnt wired it up yet.

Comment

I liked the Mexican Strat, Toronado, and Mexican Tele I've owned, but I prefer med jumbo or jumbo frets. Mexis seem to always have tall skinnys, but I find no fault in the fit/finish other than my fret preference.

Sweet lookin fiddle! Maple rules!
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

i have finished live sets on my mexi strat when my PC-1s won't stay in tune. i think those guitars are really the best out there for price vs. performance. i did have to play about 20 before i found one that spoke to me, but they are surprisingly consistent.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I liked the Mexican Strat, Toronado, and Mexican Tele I've owned, but I prefer med jumbo or jumbo frets. Mexis seem to always have tall skinnys, but I find no fault in the fit/finish other than my fret preference.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Then you should check out the Jimmie Vaughan strat - MIM, good pups, and med-jumbo frets.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

where do you guys get your aftermarket guards? I'd love to find a single hum or an HSS for mine, but all the ones i've seen are routed to the American hole routes?

Great mods by the way Pallar. I agree, my Mexi strat is something special, and i love it too!

Comment

My Mexican really came alive when I put a Model neck on it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I don't know if it's the case anymore, but Mexican Strats used to be assembled in Mexico, out of USA factory seconds (nothing serious, usually cosmetic blemishes like green mineral streaks). Replace the pickups and hardware, and you have an USA for hundreds less.

Comment

I got my pickguard from ebay, half the holes don't line up, so I'm just going to make new ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X