Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Tele (Koa Back, Birseye Maple Top)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Tele (Koa Back, Birseye Maple Top)

Here are some pics of my project Tele, with a neck off a Dinky and a body my buddy and I built. I've got some more sanding and clear to do, and some more parts to pick up.

Do you guys think it would look better with all black hardware, all chrome, or chrome with the black speed knobs thing I currently have going on? Also, I think I'm eventually going to go with a maple fretboard, but I'm not sure what kind of headstock I want. I hate Tele heads, and I'm not sure if a Strat head will look right. What do you guys think of the reverse pointy?

BTW: The stripes you see on the top are 1/2" sqaure ebony rods, inlaid into the top.

Re: Project Tele (Koa Back, Birseye Maple Top)

I'd definitly go birdseye maple board, if possible.

Nice thick cap on there! Not sure about your taste, but I'd prefer black hardware.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i'd keep that neck on there, personally. if you go with a maple neck, i think that it would take away from the body and be too much maple. not to mention, you've got a dark fretboard on there now, and the dark stripes on the body kinda reflect that same color scheme, but onto the body. i really like the idea of the inlaid pieces; that's pretty cool from a design standpoint.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

wow that is nice work! you made the body yourself?? damn.

I am redoing an old fender Tele right now, but I'm doing mine a lot closer to the vintage tele look (with upgraded parts and a killer Warmoth pro neck). you don't like the Tele headstocks? I think they are really classic and minimalist, just my opinion.

anyway, I'd stick with that neck as previously suggested, it sets off your birdseye body much better than a birdseye neck would.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

looks great like that, ide stay chrome. the only time i like chrome hardware is on natural or black guitars. i like the look of the RW board, the koa & maple. 3 distinct looks. the ebony stripe looks a little odd but cool.

Comment

Looks sexy!

Comment

Cool, I was leaning towards the chrome, so now I'm decided. Now I just have to pick up some tuners. I think I'll take some pics of it with both the chrome and black pickup ring, and ask for more opinions. Anyone know what size Floyd locknut I need for a Jackson Performer neck?

Comment

looking good! The neck's good, the hardware's good, a chrome pickup ring will look good. It's all good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nice work, Noodles
                Hail yesterday

Comment

wow! that´s a very nice looking guitar!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X