wtf is up with allparts pickguards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf is up with allparts pickguards?

I just received a Allparts 11-hole Pickguard for my Fender strat and only 6 of the holes line up with the holes in the strat.

What fucking guitars are these pickguards meant for if not for FENDER FUCKING STRATS? MAybe I have a queer model. it's a 68' reissue.

but still man, wtf? This is so dissapointing. Now what do I do... *cries*

Re: wtf is up with allparts pickguards?

Those pickguards are made for current USA production model Strats. A reissue is made to different specs. For some stupid reason, Fender has moved those 11 holes a whole bunch over the years.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Those pickguards are made for current USA production model Strats. A reissue is made to different specs. For some stupid reason, Fender has moved those 11 holes a whole bunch over the years.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Well that's just fucking stupid. Someone in managing needs their head kicked in.

Comment

How many different spacings do they make a Floyd nut in? How many different spacing for the stud posts on a TOM bridge? The guitar world is filled with this kind of stupidity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          How many different spacings do they make a Floyd nut in? How many different spacing for the stud posts on a TOM bridge? The guitar world is filled with this kind of stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]
          YES! And thus the whole guitar world needs to get their head kicked in. dumbasses

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I just received a Allparts 11-hole Pickguard for my Fender strat and only 6 of the holes line up with the holes in the strat.

What fucking guitars are these pickguards meant for if not for FENDER FUCKING STRATS? MAybe I have a queer model. it's a 68' reissue.

but still man, wtf? This is so dissapointing. Now what do I do... *cries*

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't read the fine print, did'ja?

Um...get out the drill and make 5 more holes that line up?
            jeez...that's a stumper! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I fixed it! That is I just screwed in all the screws that were screwable. PICS!

Here's a before pic:

Comment

Much nicer looking with the black pickguard. I never did like the white pickguards.

Not going to comment on your photography skills, though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Much nicer looking with the black pickguard. I never did like the white pickguards.

Not going to comment on your photography skills, though. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  hihihi. I suck at cameras.

Comment

Working...
                  X