Anyone here into CBS Fenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here into CBS Fenders?

I love them! If you do too, or if you own one, lets see or hear about what you have!

Re: Anyone here into CBS Fenders?

You know I dig them, Mike!
    I wish I had one...maybe if I stop buying other stuff...?

Comment

well.. can u be more specific, or do you mean in general all Fenders between '66 - '86?

Comment

Actually, Jan. 5th 1965 - Feb. 1st 1985.

Comment

I have one. A '78 Antigua Telecaster - it's great!
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

yep, I dig the large headstock strats...
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

A buddy of mine has a Fiesta Red '65 or '66 (not certain of the year). The only "blemish" is where a previous owner attempted to adjust the truss rod without completely removing the neck [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

He's a major Fender collector. I bet he has more Fender amps than the shop in Corona [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] His goal is to have at least one of every model in every color tolex that was available...and he's pretty damn close to it.

When we have jams at his place, he just brings out a few choice amps for everyone to play.

Comment

I like the Teles and the Jazz basses from that era.
                I don't care for the big headstock strats at all.

Comment

I LOVE the big headstock strats too!

I like em all tho.....big Blackmore fan here, so The Stratocaster was always my favorite guitar!
                  Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                  Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

My bandmates strat is great, i think it´s made in 78.
                    But then it´s also modded with a bridge humbucker and floyd [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Big headstocks are awesome.

Comment

I love the CBS era Fenders. I just bought a used '72 reissue Tele Deluxe:

http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/30U-12760.htm

Should arrive next week.

Comment

I have a 79 hard tail Strat. Got her in a pawn shop in 93 for $200.00. Very mellow sounding strat the neck pickup position is very sweet!! Here are a couple of pictures.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I have a 79 hard tail Strat. Got her in a pawn shop in 93 for $200.00. Very mellow sounding strat the neck pickup position is very sweet!! Here are a couple of pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMN!!!!! $200!!!!!

God, the blissful times before the Pawn Shops had internet and they could find what things are worth in a matter of seconds. All the pawn shops in my neighborhood are always 1 step ahead of you.

Thats a NICE guitar, those 70's strats are DEFINATELY my favorite. My dream guitar is a 70's strat with a floyd rose, black pickguard H-S-H and a natural Ash body, no finish. The necks on those play so incredible (IMO) and the headstocks are really cool.

If you put 2 white humbuckers in there, you'd have a perfect "Glenn Tipton" PRIEST strat! Ive oogled at the back of my "British Steel" album for hours at that black 70's strat he had. WOW!

But its very nice the way they are, they had nice earthy sounding pickups.

Comment

I miss mine dearly. She was my squeeze for many hard playin' years. A '76 maple board with a flattened radius and 6100's, finish removed from the whole neck (except for the headstock face), OFR and 1 hum. White, and very beat up. Gawd, I loved that guitar.
                              I literally played that guitar into the ground. The headstock had been broken off three times, and a crack developed in front of the treble side Floyd stud. The guitar body eventually simply broke. I guess pounding it into the stage at the end of every show didn't hurt it a bit.
                              Rebuilt with a replacement body, she just wasn' the same. Then I broke the neck yet again, and "retired" it. Prted her out and scrapped her. Very sad end to a great guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X