Anyone here into CBS Fenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone here into CBS Fenders?

Mmmmmm, CBS Fenders. Keep 'em coming, I like seeing/hearing about them! Unfortunatly the oldest in my CBS collection is only 1978. Man I would love a '65/'66, or a '67/'68 or a '69/'70 or any other!

Also, if anyone hear has a CBS Fender, and DOESN'T like it, I would be curious as to the reason. I like hearing all opinions!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

DAMN!!!!! $200!!!!!

God, the blissful times before the Pawn Shops had internet and they could find what things are worth in a matter of seconds. All the pawn shops in my neighborhood are always 1 step ahead of you.

Thats a NICE guitar, those 70's strats are DEFINATELY my favorite. My dream guitar is a 70's strat with a floyd rose, black pickguard H-S-H and a natural Ash body, no finish. The necks on those play so incredible (IMO) and the headstocks are really cool.

If you put 2 white humbuckers in there, you'd have a perfect "Glenn Tipton" PRIEST strat! Ive oogled at the back of my "British Steel" album for hours at that black 70's strat he had. WOW!

But its very nice the way they are, they had nice earthy sounding pickups.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats really sick is they had one exactly like it with a v trem for the same price and I didn't buy it. I didn't have the cash at the time and when I went back it was gone.

Comment

Here is one of the few pics I have of my 77 strat. I wore the frets off of this guitar. you can't get a good feel for the color. It was SG maroon( supposedly a semi rare color on 77/78 strats), the crome pic guard was on it when I got it. It looked good next to the maroon so I left it. I regretfully traded this worn out warrior in on my Model 375. You live and learn I guess.

Comment

They are cool guitars but I always hated the 3 bolt neck and it kept me from keeping any of the several dozen that I bought in the very early 90's. I used to pick them up for next to nothing (mostly in Philly and the surrounding area) and spin them for a profit. That lasted until about '94 when people started to become more savvy and I couldn't find the same deals anymore. Great guitars for the most part, but not as consistent as those before or after them...some tended to be boat anchors [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] while others were nice and light [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

They have 70's reissue strats now, when I heard about them I ran to the store, picked one up, and my heart broke in two. They dont feel good at all. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] nothing at all like the real CBS ones.

Comment

Absoulutly! The '70s reissue is a reissue in looks only. They feel, sound and play nothing like the real ones.

Comment

Working...
              X