ovation acoustic doubleneck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ovation acoustic doubleneck

I played an Ovation acoustic doubleneck yesterday at GC, I normally don't like Ovations (tupperware bowls with strings, etc) but this one looked wild and I had never played with a doubleneck before and it was fun to play for a bit.

I was impressed that the thing was in perfect tune (guitars at GC are ALWAYS out of tune, sometimes horribly), and it was set up perfect, the action was super low w/ no buzz. and this one was just sitting out on the floor on a stand, not up on the top row on the wall.

it was a little hard to get used to, playing the 6 neck down low and then the 12 up top, but fun as hell! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: ovation acoustic doubleneck

how was the tone
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

it was an acoustic/electric of course, but the tone unplugged was very bright and clean. it rang out, not as much as my acoustic 12 dreadnaught w/ sound hole, but that's a big difference in construction. it was clearly made well and sounded very nice.

Comment

What model # was it? I'd be interested in checking one of those out.

Comment

it was this one and they wanted 899 for it. I really liked it, more than I wanted to. LOL

I should have plugged it in but I didn't have much more time to play their guitars at that point.

Comment

My old man picked up an old (70's) usa ovation for cheap not to long ago, so I checked it out and long story short it sits at my bedpost in its case with my slsmg! Unbelievable action, the first acoustic I've played that felt so comfortable. The necks on these are fantastic, so I could only imagine what having two of them would be like!

Comment

yeah I'm not fond of their look or construction but they do play great.

Comment

Working...
              X