Ibanez PGMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez PGMs

I haven't tried one yet, but am considering an Ibanez PGM 301 as my next GAS guitar. Anyone out there got or played one? What are they like, & are there other (older) models that I should be looking out for rather than a new 301? (As an aside, I'm going to a Paul Gilbert clinic on Friday - maybe I'll get to ask him!).
    Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Re: Ibanez PGMs

cool man, i'm going to see him at his clinic on thursday [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

There were a couple of tickets on e-bay for his gig in Bath on Saturday - badly tempted, but unfortunately I've other stuff to do. Hey, as you didn't catch Zakk's guitar at the BLS gig - if PG lobs his one in to the crowd at your clinic, get it this time!! (But sell it to me cheap). [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

lol no mate i was on the side of the stage that the bass player was. Was pretty cool seeing that happen though.

I hope i manage to get something of his, even a guitar pick would be cool [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I have an old PGM300 (the one with the maple neck) from the mid '90s when they only listed the PGM30 w/rosewood in the catalog (at that time, only about 100 were made with the maple neck). They came back with the maple neck PGM300 a couple years ago.

Here's a link to Ibanez registry listing the various versions they made...2nd from top right is the PGM list: Ibanez registry

Awesome guitar...I have several Ibanez's and its one of the best playing/sounding.

Comment

Damn that GAS:-

Nice. Pickup output not all that high, and I had to drop the single coil a bit as I kept tapping it with the pick while playing, so positions 2,4 & especially 3 on the 5-way are a bit quieter. Comfy & very light - almost too light as I actually like to feel like I'm carrying a guitar while playing one (I like Les Pauls). Neck thinner, longer scale & slightly wider than I'm used to, but with the slightly wider string spacing I'm not hitting the next string along as frequently while picking. Nice chunky frets. Good sustain. Haven't done a comparison with some of my others yet, but first impressions are pretty favourable!

Comment

Awesome guitar. I love those things! Congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I'm really tempted by one - I played a J-Craft version at a store in Bristol and it was really nice....
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Nice! I have a hardtail PGM as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

PGMs are sweet! I love the f-holes!

Comment

A buddy of mine had one of the first-issue PGMs - Blue with pink, Edge trem and rosewood board. That was one of the best-playing guitars I've ever laid hands on.

I got to see the PG gig in Bath on Saturday night. Sadly there was no guitar thrown into the crowd. There was however, some pretty terrifying playing going on! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice one mate, i've always wondered what they play like, they do look cool. My favourites have to be the PGM30 and PGM90th. They just look the sh*t
                        93 USA Soloist EDS
                        USA HT6 Juggernaut
                        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

PGMs are cool! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The 90th looks cool, just wished it played as cool. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jason

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            PGMs are cool! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The 90th looks cool, just wished it played as cool. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, those are beautiful [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I played I think it was a 90th at a music store in NY, but someone in Japan bought it a week later. Great guitars

Comment

Agh, no! Now I'm going to have to search out the other versions too - it never stops! Nice guitars Robo & DTP! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re the PG clinics - inspired, or about to give up, guys? Watching him work out a hideously fast run (from an old Racer X or Mr Big intro, I think - it was an audience request) up & down the fretboard with a couple of slow practices & then nail it precisely at top speed was scary. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X